It's the final countdown.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the final countdown.

I am down to 10 working days left. It's going to be strange that for the first time in 47 years, I will not have a job. We'll see what life throws at me next.

Don't be thrown at. Do the throwin'!!
    Get out there and enjoy every minute of it.
    If ya like working, find something new. If not, do something new. The world is your oyster, find some pearls!
    Seriously, I pray you find what brings you happiness!

Comment

Dadgum Randy, you’ll finally have time to do whatever the heck you want to!! Well that is of course unless you WANT to go to work and punch that clock…
      Been retired since January and I don’t know how in the world I ever had time to go to work!! I’ve got more to do now than I ever had! Only difference is its stuff I’ve been wanting to do but couldn’t because I had to go to work!
      Enjoy the days the Lord gives you and give Him the honor and credit and thanks for making it happen!!

Comment

**** you're getting old Randy. Enjoy retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Dadgum Randy, you’ll finally have time to do whatever the heck you want to!! Well that is of course unless you WANT to go to work and punch that clock…
          Been retired since January and I don’t know how in the world I ever had time to go to work!! I’ve got more to do now than I ever had! Only difference is its stuff I’ve been wanting to do but couldn’t because I had to go to work!
          Enjoy the days the Lord gives you and give Him the honor and credit and thanks for making it happen!!
          I guess I'm wired different than most folks. I hired in 7 days after graduating HS. I lived life to the fullest. I rode and raced motorcycles, I scuba dived all over Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Florida, Cozumel Mexico, Roatan Honduras, the Galapagos Islands. When I met Alecia, we did our traveling while we were young and could enjoy it. Now that she is gone, I have no desire to travel except for maybe a weekend trip here and there. I didn't wait until the "golden years" to enjoy life. I enjoy having the kids live with me and plan to do some fishing with them and just doing grandpa things.

Comment

That's what retirement is Randy. Do only what you want to do.

Comment

Enjoy it, find something. My work attitude is horrible and cant wait for the day to be done. Ever look at cool jobs website? If I get laid off am going tp try to land one of those Alaska seasonal jobs. Not sure if they are wanting old farts like us or young folks. But do think that would be a blast.

Comment

Enjoy your retirement! You earned it!
                You did life right too. Enjoy as much as you can while you are in your prime!
                Good Luck Sir!

Comment

It is different for a blue collar man that work is all he/she knows. It was for me anyway. We bought property two years ago and have made some improvements as far as yaupon removal.
                  The wife is 14 years younger than me and a month or so back said “you need a project. The land is your project. Get your cabin, power and water. Whatever you need”. So that’s what I’m focused on. The truth be known it mostly for our special needs son. He told me “ daddy it’s peaceful out here. I like it” so I have my work cut out for me.
                  Best wishes for you and thank God for a career that lasted 47 years! Wow!

Comment

Find something to do that keeps your mind working, it doesn't even have to pay much...but do something to keep your mind sharp. I've seen too many guys who just retire with nothing to do, and wither away within a few years. The guys who stay busy with stuff seem happier and healthier.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Find something to do that keeps your mind working, it doesn't even have to pay much...but do something to keep your mind sharp. I've seen too many guys who just retire with nothing to do, and wither away within a few years. The guys who stay busy with stuff seem happier and healthier.
                      I'm actually going to see if I can volunteer to help in the HS shop. I think they do a little machining. If so, I'll donate my tools to them.

Comment

It sounds lie you have some good ideas already to use your time and experience wisely.

I hope you find what makes you whole and can share your life of knowledge to make others better.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post

I'm actually going to see if I can volunteer to help in the HS shop. I think they do a little machining. If so, I'll donate my tools to them.
                          I think this is a fantastic idea! One I imagine would be very rewarding as well.

Comment

I watched my dad fade away after my mom died. Hopefully I learned what not to do. Heck, I might even go part time at Lowe's. You don't have to know anything to work there.

Comment

Today and a wake up. I'm packing my tools.

Comment

Working...
                              X