Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Waterfowl Guide Recommendations - AR, LA, KS, MO, OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waterfowl Guide Recommendations - AR, LA, KS, MO, OK

Looking to do a bucket-list type waterfowl hunt with a hunting partner of mine who's health is in question. Somewhat agnostic as to ducks/geese, species, and location. We just want to shoot a lot of quality birds over a couple days.

Our top ideas right now are:
    - Flooded Timber in Arkansas or Louisiana for greenheads
    - Field/water hunting in Kansas, Missouri, or Oklahoma for mixed bags of ducks and geese

We may not have a large group so that is also a consideration and would rather not be stuck with another large group, but understand that is the way it is sometimes. Quality lodging is a nice to have, not a must-have.

Would really appreciate any suggestions on reputable outfitters/guides you guys have had luck with in the past.

Thank you,

My buddies and I hunted with 2W outfitters in Stuttgart, AR for Conservation Goose season last year and it was great. They run Duck and Goose hunts with lodging. Beds were nothing special but the lodge had 2 games rooms with big screen TVs and pool tables. They have ladies on staff that cook breakfast and dinner for all of the guests. Good group of folks and some good hunting. There were so many birds in that area at that time that there were ducks hanging out in the drainage ditches on the sides of the road.

This was just driving down the road:

Click image for larger version

Name:	geese.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	26584966

Not much else to do in Stuttgart but in the afternoon between hunts you can checkout the Mack's Prairie Wings store and the RNT duck call shop/brewery.

Duck and Goose hunting in Stuttgart, Arkansas and Eagle Lake, Texas. Premier guided hunts in the Arkansas. Snow goose hunting with electronic calls during conservation season. White geese, duck, goose, and specklebelly. Best Duck hunting in the United states targeting Mallards and Pintails

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
      My buddies and I hunted with 2W outfitters in Stuttgart, AR for Conservation Goose season last year and it was great. They run Duck and Goose hunts with lodging. Beds were nothing special but the lodge had 2 games rooms with big screen TVs and pool tables. They have ladies on staff that cook breakfast and dinner for all of the guests. Good group of folks and some good hunting. There were so many birds in that area at that time that there were ducks hanging out in the drainage ditches on the sides of the road.

This was just driving down the road:

Click image for larger version

Name:	geese.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	26584966

Not much else to do in Stuttgart but in the afternoon between hunts you can checkout the Mack's Prairie Wings store and the RNT duck call shop/brewery.

https://www.2woutfitters.com/
      Thanks for the rec!

Comment

Carters Big Island in SE Kansas can do fields/timber

Comment

Yall might like habitat flats in missouri.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post
            Carters Big Island in SE Kansas can do fields/timber
            Have heard good things about this place as well.

Comment

Following to see recommendations

Comment

Your probably 20 years too late to kill a pile of greenheads in Louisiana. Maybe Arkansas as well. I would go after Christmas if heading to Arkansas. Good recommendations above in KS and MO. I would look at OK or chasing dark geese and cranes in the panhandle as well.

Comment

One of the best green timber hunts in Arkansas is strait lake, its pricey. But a good option

Comment

Working...
                  X