Best places to eat in Waco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best places to eat in Waco?

I did a search on the green screen, didn’t find anything. Taking the wife this weekend and wanted yalls favorite spots.

It's been a little while since I've been through there, but my ol' reliables were always George's and Don Carlos. Probably not the greatest food, but good drinks and atmosphere. Don Carlos is convenient to Cabelas, so that's probably why I ate there a lot, but they used to give you a lot of food for the price.

My favorite Mexican (not Tex Mex) hole in the wall place was Taqueria Zacatecas. Solid Mexican food and service. Ate there a lot and food was always really good. It's not on the circle but near there.

Waco has added a lot more chain restaurants, too, so probably can't go wrong with any of those type places.

Comment

The Tejun Cajun in Robinson is hard to beat.

Comment

George’s

Comment

Tejun

Comment

Get a Gut Pak at Viteks!

Comment

Two Minnie's

Comment

Cupps Drive In

Comment

Tejun!!

Comment

I'll second George's.

"My brother and I used to go down to George's Bar, and drink big O's until they close down the place, we'd talk about our live long ambitions,
                    I still recall the smile upon his face.
                    He took off for the bright lights of Austin,
                    Said Pat don't you know there ain't no money here,
                    He made a billion bucks selling computers,
                    I still go down to George's and drink my beer."​

Comment

George’s is going to be pretty popular, but it’s going to be packed, especially this coming weekend with it being “Parents Weekend” at Baylor. If you want an Old Fashioned Diner with great burgers and chicken fried steak, not to mention the best fresh cut fries anywhere, go to Kim’s Diner. They buy their beef from a local Waco farm.

Comment

Variety menu - George’s - and they have 2 locations

Burgers - Dubl-R or Cupps - both are dumps but good burgers

Mexican - Ninfa’s or Casa De Castillo

Italian - Barris - but the parking situation can be a pain

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Two Minnie's
                          Gone

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                            George’s is going to be pretty popular, but it’s going to be packed, especially this coming weekend with it being “Parents Weekend” at Baylor. If you want an Old Fashioned Diner with great burgers and chicken fried steak, not to mention the best fresh cut fries anywhere, go to Kim’s Diner. They buy their beef from a local Waco farm.

This^^^ . We would eat at Kim’s for lunch and it was always a great meal. Ate ate George’s once and it was good as well. We also ate at a place just south of the river on the west side of 35 that was pretty good but I can’t remember the name. If I remember right Kim’s doesn’t sell alcohol but George’s does.

Comment

Is Health Camp still around and good? Used to love that place!

ac

Comment

Working...
                              X