small boat for teenager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

small boat for teenager

my 13yo is wanting to buy a small boat to pond hop or troll around marinas with, would you guys recommend an aluminum john boat type or plastic bass raider type boat? what will be the safest, less likely to tip over?

Bass raider! 11 times out of 10…I’ve had both, and the plastic boat wins in every aspect.

I have a 48lb thrust trolling motor for him when you find a boat.
    Last edited by Dale Moser; 09-12-2023, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Bass raider! 11 times out of 10…I’ve had both, and the plastic boat wins in every aspect.

I have a 48lb thrust trolling motor for him when you find a boat.
      you probably found a new best friend dale lol.... i appreciate that and will let you know! there is a boat in royse city i will go check out this week

Comment

It came with a jon boat that I sold, and my Bass Raider came with another. I've had it in the shed waiting for something to pop up here on TBH to give it away, be glad to meet you somewhere with it.

I'll see if I can find pics of our 12' Bass Raider setup.

Comment

As Dale says, Bass Raider all day long.

Comment

I vote get him a 1448 jon boat. Then when he gets a little older slap a 25 tiller on the back and he'll be set to go wherever he wants.

Comment

The boys picked up a pond prowler and wore it out today. It's heavier than I expected, any of you guys rig up some wheels for it somehow to make it easier to pull around?

Comment

Working...
              X