Hydraulic cylinder rebuild cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydraulic cylinder rebuild cost

My Gehl skid steer has leaking seals on both of the lift cylinders and one of the tilt cylinders. What's a ballpark going rate on getting these rebuilt at a hydraulic shop? I ordered the seal kits already but I hate dealing with hydraulics.

75-100 maybe 150 for one that big. I just had a 2"x30" on a disk rebuilt for 75.
    Last edited by BrianL; 08-31-2023, 08:24 AM.

Comment

I'd guess $100 per, unless they're some oddball design. Well worth it, imo. I've not had good luck rebuilding hyd cylinders.

Comment

Ive seen the cost be anywhere from $50 to $200, a lot depends on the shop and the difficulty to rebuild the cylinder.

Comment

Yeah there's nothing special about these. I watched a few videos on rebuilding them and I think I'll let a shop handle it. Just getting them off is a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
            Yeah there's nothing special about these. I watched a few videos on rebuilding them and I think I'll let a shop handle it. Just getting them off is a headache.
            Where are you located?

Comment

If its where you can leave the barrel on they are pretty easy to do. Just undo the gland and jerk the rod out.

Only tricks are getting the gland nut off and the piston. After that its just matching and replacing the seals.

If you already have the seals i would still expect $100 per cylinder if they are east to get apart.

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post

Where are you located?
                Magnolia

Comment

My Kabota was about 180 per cylinder to replace. Kabota is real proud of their rubber seals.

Comment

My brother does this for a living in tomball
                    Attached Files

Comment

3 cylinders x 150$ a hour= 450$. 500$ to remove cylinders from the machine

Comment

My wife runs a hydraulic shop in tomball. Does TBH discounts.

100ish a piece plus seals on lifts. As long as rods dont need to be honed. Tilts a little more. They're pretty busy right now so be about a week before they can' get to them

And fir future reference, they sell seal kits to a couple of the tractor dealers....

#butnotasponsor
                        Last edited by Quackerbox; 08-31-2023, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          My wife runs a hydraulic shop in tomball. Does TBH discounts.

100ish a piece plus seals on lifts. As long as rods dont need to be honed. Tilts a little more. They're pretty busy right now so be about a week before they can' get to them

And fir future reference, they sell seal kits to a couple of the tractor dealers....

#butnotasponsor
                          Would you send me the shops info in a pm? I have one cylinder off already. Next one should be off tomorrow. I have OEM seals ready to go with the cylinders. I tried getting the gladhand off this afternoon and it wouldn't budge, plus my vise and workbench isn't big enough for this type of work.

Comment

I have been getting my tractor loader cylinders done in Magnolia for $150 including the seals. Usually one day turn around.

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post

Would you send me the shops info in a pm? I have one cylinder off already. Next one should be off tomorrow. I have OEM seals ready to go with the cylinders. I tried getting the gladhand off this afternoon and it wouldn't budge, plus my vise and workbench isn't big enough for this type of work.
                              PM sent

I think......

Comment

Working...
                              X