Star Link for Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
    I have that one you listed (received it today) but I currently have satellite with coaxial cable only and not this what looks like a phone Jack. My present router is hooked up with coaxial cable. I do have a phone Jack in my media closet (not sure it’s hooked up in my media panel in garage).
    Sorry, should have read a little closer. Different cable than coax for the Starlink and I don't think there is an adapter. The RJ45 isn't phone but for LAN, RJ11 I believe is phone. Is the wire coax or cat5? I'm not aware of Cat5 having screw connections. If coax, that wire can't be used with Starlink.

Comment

I have the exact kind or it looks like it as the connection in my media closet as on that RJ45 adapter but it has never been used. The cable connections on the outside of the house coming in is just coaxial cable screw connections. But note taken on cat 5. Thanks. I am illiterate to this stuff. I was told or thought they ran cat 5. In all my bedrooms where the tv’s connections are they have a lan type plug and cable/coaxial together on the walls.
      I believe I am going to have to run a new line just for Starlink it appears. ****it. Lol Thanks Bill M.
      Last edited by tps7742; 09-30-2023, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
        I have the exact kind or it looks like it as the connection in my media closet as on that RJ45 adapter but it has never been used. The cable connections on the outside of the house coming in is just coaxial cable screw connections. But note taken on cat 5. Thanks. I am illiterate to this stuff. I was told or thought they ran cat 5. In all my bedrooms where the tv’s connections are they have a lan type plug and cable/coaxial together on the walls.
        I believe I am going to have to run a new line just for Starlink it appears. ****it. Lol Thanks Bill M.
        It is common to have the LAN and Cable connector together in the wall. Sounds like you have Cat5 there as well if you have those connectors present. You will need to get the SL cable from the dishy (outside) into you network closet/cabinet. Without knowing specifically what you have there, I really don't know how to tell you to go from there. While building I bought an extra SL cable and ran it from my network box to the soffit so I can pull it out to connect to the dish if I ever go that route at home. We have SL for our travel trailer.

Comment

I looked outdoor again and don’t see a LAN connection. I have to leave early this morning for a couple of days so I will not have time to look more in the attic. I did look in my media box briefly but didn’t see anything noticeable that resembled a lan connection. There has to be one somewhere I would think. I am going to contact my builder next week to see if his electrical guys see where they put it.
          smart idea of looking ahead for your SL extra cable. Again thanks for your time. When I find out more I will pm you with what I found out.

Comment

We put down the deposit last August and just received it a few weeks ago. Been great so far. Way better then what we had before.

Comment

Thanks for the tbh members that assisted me with my questions pertaining to Starlink. I could run a new line myself but I finally wimped out and scheduled a guy I have used multiple times on things like this. Apparently I am not the only one that doesn’t want to mess with it according to him because I am scheduled two weeks out. Not that it matters I guess but between me having a couple of things going on that have me preoccupied, lack of patience and it’s only money.

Comment

Working...
              X