No announcement yet.

Deer hunting lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I did not get back on here and reply earlier. I have been out of town on business. He is advertising the lease right now in San Antonio and Del Rio on Craigslist. I put a add on there warning everyone about him. I had 2 guys email me and they had looked at it and paid deposits already. They where going to put a stop pay on the checks. The lease is about 15 miles out of Brackettville down 3199 Tularosa Rd.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I have been talking to Wes about this lease for the past few weeks, but haven't made it out there to check the place out yet; therefore, haven't paid. This thread has made me extremely wary to say the least. He did state that the bow blinds are for the individual hunters only and are to be maintained by those hunters. The other 23 feeders and 17 blinds/stands are for all 12 hunters and are to be maintained during the group work days throughout the year. What I've read here tells me that Wes may be taking more deer than he is supposed to and that he is killing animals that are "off limits" to the other hunters. If this is the case than that is pretty sad. Other than that, he did explain to me that the feeders are the responsibility of the group as a whole. As long as someone can make it out there every other month or so then the feeders will remain throwing corn - these are my thoughts.

What, specifically, are the main reasons other hunters have left his lease??

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
          I have been talking to Wes about this lease for the past few weeks, but haven't made it out there to check the place out yet; therefore, haven't paid. This thread has made me extremely wary to say the least. He did state that the bow blinds are for the individual hunters only and are to be maintained by those hunters. The other 23 feeders and 17 blinds/stands are for all 12 hunters and are to be maintained during the group work days throughout the year. What I've read here tells me that Wes may be taking more deer than he is supposed to and that he is killing animals that are "off limits" to the other hunters. If this is the case than that is pretty sad. Other than that, he did explain to me that the feeders are the responsibility of the group as a whole. As long as someone can make it out there every other month or so then the feeders will remain throwing corn - these are my thoughts.

What, specifically, are the main reasons other hunters have left his lease??
          This guy is bad news!
          Last edited by bossbowman; 02-03-2015, 02:26 PM.

Comment

The reason he said if you make a bow blind it is not to be hunted by other hunters is because he hunts his all season long after bow season with a rifle. His bow blind is right beside a really good draw where there use to be a good blind but he said it was falling apart and it was to hard to get to. He said he took it and the feeder out but that was also a lie. He did not take the feeder out of the draw and what he does is he hunts the bow blind in the early morning with his rifle the eases up in to the draw after wards. He hid a feeder on the other side of the county road behind a tree and actually hunts across a public road to boot. There are only about 14 blinds on the ranch and the same amount of feeders. Every thing the man says is a lie, he is hard to get along with because of his attitude. I was complaining about the quality of the deer I was seeing and he said you have hunt hard a feed a lot. He called me a weekend warrior, My rattling horns are bigger than the so called trophy he took. I have been hunting South Texas and Mexico for the past 20 years and I shot a 186 this year on another piece of property closer to Houston. I am not a weekend warrior. I'm just ****** off about the whole thing. The next week he comes into camp with a 3 1/2 year old 9pt that scored 115 as his trophy. He also says that the Axis have to be 28in and he comes back to camp with a 22 in Axis. He said he shot it for meet. Why did he not shoot a doe or a spike Axis for meet, not a deer that in a couple years could be a trophy. Hunting there was the absolute worst hunting experience of my life and what sucks is my 15 year son had to witness all the crap. Sorry guys, Im just blowing off some steam.

Comment

Let's do a sting operation on him.

Comment

Chris, thanks for the reply. The more information you can share, the better! Any chance you could PM me your contact info? I joined here to gain more information about this lease and I don't have enough posts to send out messages yet. Heck, maybe I can't receive any either.
                When I spoke to Wes on the phone he mentioned that he had to "kick out" four hunters this past season for killing young 8-pt WT and other things. I'm assuming it was you and your friends that he was referring to. I think he had six spots to fill originally, which scared me a bit. Sounds like he shoots what he wants and enforces the rules on others...

Comment

Brackettville deer hunting lease

I have hunters contacting me asking why Wess kicked us off the lease. I just want to specify this, he did not kick us off the lease. After 2 weeks on this lease seeing the the quality of the deer and his attitude towards other hunters and his one sided stupid rules, we had decided to get off and already had started looking at other leases after the 3rd week of season. He new we where already looking because on a Saturday we went and looked at another lease, by the way it is a great ranch and is being game managed very well by the same gentleman for 16 years. the man knows game management and has a great attitude towards other hunters. The last day of the hunting season we had every thing packed up,atvs campers, trailers etc getting ready to leave and Wess came over to us and started a argument with me and all I can say is I am glad my son was there because Wess about got his *** kicked. It is a 12 man lease, why would you need 8 new hunters this year if something was not wrong. On what I have been told this happens every year.

Comment

wow, he's still at it! hi old lease mates!!!

i'm surprised Wes is still there, there are no deer on that lease, just fyi, about 10,000 goats/sheep.

Comment

Wow this thread is 3 years old. How is this guy still doing this to people?

Comment

He's still able to find new people because not everyone knows about the green screen, and he can talk a good line of bull.

Comment

One way he gets away with it is the contact number on Craigslist is his son's number. I had a guy from here call me today and we talked along time about Wess and the lease. He was fixing to give him 1/2 deposit on a spot. NOT NO MORE!!!! I have saved 3 guys so far by getting this post going again and I am running a add ion Craigslist under sporting goods warning everyone. What goes around comes around.

Comment

It sounds like my mld lease I had in evant. The guys getting off said there were no deer but the guy collecting money for owner said he had to kick them off. There was ni deer and i got off. You would think landowners get tired of finding new hunters every year but as long as they get their money, most really don't care.

Comment

Yep, you got that right.

Comment

bump, Need to keep this on top, I just saved another guy from making the same mistake I made.

Comment

Working...
                                X