2023 annual middle of north texas thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023 annual middle of north texas thread

I can't recall how many years this is for us? The time has come to kick off our annual Middle of North Texas thread. Or, MoNT as Mike refers to it as.

Yall know we will take whom ever thinks they are close enough to the MoNT area and even a few Oklahoma folks as well.

MoNT had some munchkins knock down some good ones last year if my memory serves me correctly. The young guns way out preformed the older crowd! Keep up the good work this year wee ones.

I can only speak for our place. Last year was a tuff year for mature deer sightings and numbers of deer too. Hopefully, with this year's numerous early and late spring rains in our area, thing's will improve.

As per normal our squad hasn't been out to move, repair, replace, set up, nor fill up anything. We are waiting on it to get really hot to do any of that!

So, for you over achievers that have been out working. Post up any of your pin buildin, feeder filling, camp clean up, big bucks trail cam pictures that you would like to share.

May everyone have a safe and enjoyable season!

Big Dave

Here in young county. Got some nice ones on camera. Horribly dry in my part. Ponds are about dry and no relief in sight.

Comment

Looking forward to the season. It was very green in Wilbarger County two weeks ago. Probably burned to a crisp by now. Putting cameras out in two weeks. We shall see. Looking forward to the ride.

Comment

Reporting in from Clay County here. Summer food plots didn't last long for us between the heat, the deer, and the grasshoppers. Deer have been hammering the protein. Don't have any monsters on camera as of yet but ya never know what is gonna show up between now and the end of season. This one is really wide but has no tine length Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5454.jpg
Views:	1453
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	26552364

This one has mass for days but has no width
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5437.jpg
Views:	1428
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	26552365

Got real excited and thought we had a legit drop tine buck show up

Name:	IMG_5484.jpg
Views:	1453
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	26552366

But turns out he just jacked up his G2 :/

Name:	IMG_5487.jpg
Views:	1424
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	26552367

Ready for some fall weather and some time in the stand! Looking forward to seeing how everyone's season goes this year, I hope a big one slips up for all of y'all!

Comment

Went from green as a gourd, to burnt to a crisp, in 3 weeks. I put up some cameras last weekend, and gathered a few cards from late last year. Aoudads are gonna be a problem before long...thanks high fence slobs!

Comment

Haven't had a chance to get out that way but really hoping those Spring and early Summer rains did their job! We had a tough go at solid mature bucks last year and saw several drop 15-20" earning a free pass. Would be nice to see them fill out for this season so we can put some down!

It's too hot for me to wanna do any work so I'm in for the input from others!

ac

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Went from green as a gourd, to burnt to a crisp, in 3 weeks. I put up some cameras last weekend, and gathered a few cards from late last year. Aoudads are gonna be a problem before long...thanks high fence slobs!
              Dang Dale, pick out a nice one and I'll come haul him off for you

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                I predict an LDP of a big hairy sheep with ol’ Snoop sitting behind it wearing a ****-eatin’ grin.

Comment

I’ve yet to see one of the sumbitches, but none of them are very big. I already told him if we see them, he can shoot the biggest one 1st, then hold his ears and watch dad work the rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                    I can't recall how many years this is for us? The time has come to kick off our annual Middle of North Texas thread. Or, MoNT as Mike refers to it as.

Yall know we will take whom ever thinks they are close enough to the MoNT area and even a few Oklahoma folks as well.

MoNT had some munchkins knock down some good ones last year if my memory serves me correctly. The young guns way out preformed the older crowd! Keep up the good work this year wee ones.

I can only speak for our place. Last year was a tuff year for mature deer sightings and numbers of deer too. Hopefully, with this year's numerous early and late spring rains in our area, thing's will improve.

As per normal our squad hasn't been out to move, repair, replace, set up, nor fill up anything. We are waiting on it to get really hot to do any of that!

So, for you over achievers that have been out working. Post up any of your pin buildin, feeder filling, camp clean up, big bucks trail cam pictures that you would like to share.

May everyone have a safe and enjoyable season!

Big Dave
                    Came through there
                    a week ago on our way back from Colorado, looked pretty green from about Iowa Park all the way to darn near Amarillo. We did have a fire on our place, I think it burned about half of it, mostly grass, it did burn the shed next to the house, they had dozers, motor graders, helicopters with big containers filled with water, fire trucks, it looked like a demolition derby going on out there. I think some power lines rubbing together caused it. Not sure how a fire got that big with the grass still being somewhat green. We did not see many mature deer last season either, we did see quite a few 3-4 year olds so maybe they will look good this year.

Comment

Comment

Slim pickings in Oklahoma so far

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                          Came through there
                          a week ago on our way back from Colorado, looked pretty green from about Iowa Park all the way to darn near Amarillo. We did have a fire on our place, I think it burned about half of it, mostly grass, it did burn the shed next to the house, they had dozers, motor graders, helicopters with big containers filled with water, fire trucks, it looked like a demolition derby going on out there. I think some power lines rubbing together caused it. Not sure how a fire got that big with the grass still being somewhat green. We did not see many mature deer last season either, we did see quite a few 3-4 year olds so maybe they will look good this year.
                          Dang Son!
                          Glad yall didn't lose the house. We had a fire two years ago. Looked like the surface of the moon for a year. The second year it was really green and the deer loved it. If the truth be know it might be a great way of resetting things out there.

Comment

Always enjoy this thread...in!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                              Slim pickings in Oklahoma so far
                              Yeah those 140s-150s are pretty boring!
                              Are you back up in Oklahoma hunting? Are you still on that place south of Abilene too?

Comment

Working...
                              X