No announcement yet.

DL Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one of the untold number of benefits of living in or near Austin I guess. The growth has made me a pretty nice living. I’ll change my screen name to sell out

Comment

I guess telling them you vote demo, then a breathing test would probably suffice.

Comment

As stated above , no more walk-ins , it’s all by appointment only! Take a pic of the front of your dl because if you lose it you can not get another one with out the Audit Code on the dl- this happened to me so I called our family dr and they had a copy on file.

Comment

Dealing with the DMV can sometimes feel like entering a whole new world of confusion. I vividly recall the last time I had to renew mine in person – it was like stepping into a movie scene where time moved at a glacial pace. I found myself surrounded by an array of characters that seemed to have been transported from a different dimension.And you're so right about not letting your DL expire! I made that mistake once, and let me tell you, the whole process of getting back on track was a real headache. In fact, I had to Buy fake id online just to keep driving my car while waiting for my renewed DL. It was a temporary solution, but it saved me a ton of hassle.
          Last edited by Arcadianyr; 08-11-2023, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Another update and good report for the New Caney location.

Wife went Monday and had same experience as me back in May. In and out in under 20 minutes. Set appointment online, follow directions and arrive a little early. Bring your birth cert, passport, social card and DL. Don't wait unit DL is expired. All documents need to current and certified copies with stamp.

Good luck.

Comment

I think it just depends on where you go. I had to renew mine in person since I had done it online the maximum number of times. I made an appointment with DPS in Brownwood, got there a little early and was walking out before my original appointment with license in hand.

Comment

Working...
              X