Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023/24-Callahan, Coleman, Taylor, Runnels, Shackelford, Jones, Fisher, Nolan, Scurry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mev002 View Post
    My son killed this old 8, opening weekend in Fisher county.

headed up for Mule deer season this Saturday. Staying a week, hopefully we’ll start to see a few more deer moving around.
    Great buck...congrats to you Son!

Comment

Just left our Fisher co place. Saturday morning was on fire. Saw over 20 mule deer put one stalk on and ended up with two bucks at under 30 yds for awhile just wasn’t what we were looking for. Played cat and mouse with some aoudad just couldn’t make it happen. Need the rut to kick off and bring the big boys out of hiding.

Sat afternoon was slow!!!!! Couldn’t even turn up a hog.

got a youth draw hunt next weekend then back at it

Comment

Things have terribly slow at both my runnels and Callahan property. Have some decent night activity but nothing daylight and target bucks have disappeared. Plus I’m pretty over the 70* hunts!

Comment

My 12 year old, my lease mate and I were at our hunting camp in southern Shackelford from the 16th-23rd and had a great week. Our deer had been feeder hogs most of the year but activity really slowed down leading up to our trip. Some of our better deer had broken off entire beams, a couple were purely nocturnal but we still had a couple mature, big bodied deer on that hit list that had recently gone awol.
          Well the rut ramped back up with cool down in weather at the first of the week and our mature bucks were back on their feet and thankfully we were able to take full advantage. Not the highest scoring deer, but all 5.5 plus. The best part is all our highest scoring deer will now get another year of age on them! Lease mates deer, kiddos deer and my deer being held by my 12 year old PH.
          Last edited by mr. buck; 11-26-2023, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Great buck...congratulations!

Comment

Well we got a hall pass to get back up to our Fisher county place for the last weekend of mule deer season. We hunted hard covered lots of ground and finally turned up a mature buck just stayed one step ahead of us and couldn’t close the deal. Whitetail activity there has been very slow and hogs a major pain. We worked on that too this weekend killing 5. Just a thousand to go

Comment

Sorry about the muley luck, but dang those are some big pigs!

Comment

How’s it going in Coleman county? We will be there 15-17. Hunting on Coleman/Runnels county line.

Comment

Well season is coming to a close shortly. This has been a horrible year for me. Both my Runnels and Callahan places were just hard hard hunting. Had some real nice bucks come through a few times at both places but not during daylight. And they were very sporadic. Weather and acorns are what I’m chalking it up to but as a whole some of the worst hunting I’ve had in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                      Well season is coming to a close shortly. This has been a horrible year for me. Both my Runnels and Callahan places were just hard hard hunting. Had some real nice bucks come through a few times at both places but not during daylight. And they were very sporadic. Weather and acorns are what I’m chalking it up to but as a whole some of the worst hunting I’ve had in a few years.
                      I agree 100%...worst year in my (33) years of hunting our family farm.

Thinking seriously about selling my half to my parents, saving the $$$, and looking for something in Western Kansas.

Comment

Question to all the people in this group. We plant a 10acre food plot every year normally in wheat but this year it got planted in oats and the deer did not browse it nearly as hard. What do you guys plant and how do the deer eat it? Looking for something that works a little better.

Comment

Working...
                        X