Movie No One Is Talking About

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie No One Is Talking About

A Single Shot on Amazon is great. Could happen to a ton of us...

I started to watch it a few weekends ago, but it was late and I shut it off to go to sleep. Guess I’ll have to give it another go, and earlier this time

Comment

I did a search...is this the 2013 movie or something new??

Looks good & don't recall it.

Comment

This opening scene of him chasing down a mulie doe on foot and taking multiple pot shots at her with what appears to be a pump .410 is really bugging me.

Comment

Cuts hams off & throws backstraps & front shoulders into a pond. Come on now!!

Comment

Originally posted by CyTxCazador View Post
            This opening scene of him chasing down a mulie doe on foot and taking multiple pot shots at her with what appears to be a pump .410 is really bugging me.
            Looks like a 20ga. Defiantly rifled barrel. Ends up with a Mauser action deer rifle in his hands. Wild movie...

Comment

I watched part of it two nights ago and fell asleep.

there’s a reason no one is talking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                I watched part of it two nights ago and fell asleep.

there’s a reason no one is talking about it.
                Yeah, it’s a pretty cheesy movie.

It’s a decent movie if you don’t count:
                1. Very slow moving.
                2. About 95% dialogue which has nothing to do with the movie and is just to kill time.
                3. Weak acting.
                4. Weak screenplay.

The movie is kind of a poor man’s No Country For Old Men….. coincidentally coming out a few years after No Country.

On the movie review site Rotten Tomatoes, they show critic’s opinions and also the public’s opinions. . Typically on Rotten Tomatoes, the public likes movies more than the critics who make a living off of dissecting movies. Like maybe the movie score could be better or the hero didn’t have enough character development, etc. The public doesn’t care about most of that, most of the time. They just want to know, was the movie fun to watch.

As an example I chose a movie at random. On Rotten Tomatoes, Knights of the Zodiac, the critics liked it at a 23% rate yet 61% of the public thought it was a good movie. That is not an anomaly. Whereas the critics are picking a movie apart for artistic value, the public is watching it for fun. In this movie (Knights….) almost 300% more of the public would recommend the movie. That is significant. The critics did not like it, but the public sure did.

A Single Shot had 48% of the critics who thought it was worthy of watching. The public? They were at 31%.

Yikes!

Yeah, there’s a reason no one is talking about it. But heck, maybe someone reading this is in the 31% group.

By the way, No Country For Old Men rated 93% from the critics on Rotten Tomatoes. The professional movie watchers don’t always rip apart movies and often give good or great reviews.

The basic plot of A Single Shot is not a bad idea, like No County… they just needed to do a better job.

in my opinion…..

Comment

Watched it. Wasn't impressed. Regurgitated plot with bad acting and the bonus of portraying a "hunter" as a complete idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
                    Watched it. Wasn't impressed. Regurgitated plot with bad acting and the bonus of portraying a "hunter" as a complete idiot.
                    You reduced everything I said to three sentences.

I need to be more concise.

Comment

I wanted to watch Sisu but they want $19.99

Comment

Is this the one where the guy agrees to pay for a hunt, isn't satisfied with unreasonable results then doesn't pay?

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                          I wanted to watch Sisu but they want $19.99
                          Free on Amazon Prime if you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            Is this the one where the guy agrees to pay for a hunt, isn't satisfied with unreasonable results then doesn't pay?
                            Nope. Think of the basic plot of No Country For Old Men but based on a down and out hunter finding the stash.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

Nope. Think of the basic plot of No Country For Old Men but based on a down and out hunter finding the stash.
                              Oh, I was thinking about an autobiography where this guy agrees to a shot at 35, gets 32 and doesn't pay

Comment

Working...
                              X