This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Forum Software Tips and Tricks

There are a lot of threads going asking questions about how to do various things in this new environment. This is the place to share solutions mostly and perhaps ask for others. By "ask for others" we are looking for functionality that once existed that you can't seem to find in this new software. Please don't add wish list items that have never existed. We'll get to those later.

Please note we (Admins) are learning these things with you...all while trying to recover past functionality, look and feel, etc.

the "Thumbs Up" Smilie, no workie...

Comment

Picture Posting Tutorial by Smart

Click the text to go to post.

Comment

Randomly I see words with apostrophes that aren't reading correctly. Sometimes it works...sometimes not. Test:

Wasn't Aren't TBH'ers Bobby's.

Edit...seems to be working on this thread. Strange. I just saw the error about an hour ago on another thread.

Comment

Multi Quote in Reply (Limited to 10 per post)

Click the text above to go to post.

Comment

One of my favorite things in the old software that I used a ton was the return to top button I created and inserted at the bottom of the reply window. Thinking I would need to recreate it, I looked around and found it at the very bottom of the screen. See below:

Click image for larger version  Name:	go to top.png Views:	0 Size:	13.7 KB ID:	26514862

Comment

Originally posted by casey View Post
              there are a lot of threads going asking questions about how to do various things in this new environment. This is the place to share solutions mostly and perhaps ask for others. By "ask for others" we are looking for functionality that once existed that you can't seem to find in this new software. Please don't add wish list items that have never existed. We'll get to those later.

Please note we (admins) are learning these things with you...all while trying to recover past functionality, look and feel, etc.
              Originally posted by ati View Post
              the "thumbs up" smilie, no workie...
              picture posting tutorial by smart

click the text to go to post.
              Originally posted by chew View Post
              randomly i see words with apostrophes that aren't reading correctly. Sometimes it works...sometimes not. Test:

Wasn't aren't tbh'ers bobby's.

Edit...seems to be working on this thread. Strange. I just saw the error about an hour ago on another thread.
              multi quote in reply (limited to 10 per post)

click the text above to go to post.
              test-ify

Comment

Thanks, Casey!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  One of my favorite things in the old software that I used a ton was the return to top button I created and inserted at the bottom of the reply window. Thinking I would need to recreate it, I looked around and found it at the very bottom of the screen. See below:
                  There use to be a button at the bottom that would take you back to Around the Campfire or other topics.

Comment

The one function I have noticed missing is that when you click on a thread it takes you to the first page and not the last page you were on. No big deal either way....but if you find a switch to flip, it would be nice to have that back.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      The one function I have noticed missing is that when you click on a thread it takes you to the first page and not the last page you were on. No big deal either way....but if you find a switch to flip, it would be nice to have that back.
                      I will dig around. I know the little green double arrow next to the date of last post will get you to the end.

Comment

The new format is much slower, is this the case for everyone else too or just me?

Comment

Seriously appreciate all the time and effort to get this ship running again. Site is running like a champ today.

Do you guys have a running bug log or should there be another thread for that? Be a place where things like the apostrophes, quotes, and the thumbs up emoji could get brought up/noted.

One thing I've seen is the home page not updating activity. Ex., logging in now, it shows the last post in ATC was at 7:39 AM. Clicking into the forum though, the posts are updated and relevant. I've seen that on some threads too, where it shows last post date from yesterday, but clicking into the thread and there are comments from today on it. Don't have a snip of that though.

Login:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Home Page.png
Views:	2647
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	26514897

Forum:

Name:	ATC.png
Views:	2620
Size:	347.6 KB
ID:	26514898

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                            The new format is much slower, is this the case for everyone else too or just me?
                            It is clunky and not very responsive at times. I figure they are still working out some bugs. This was a major change and it may take a little time to get it all sorted out.

Comment

Here's the thread thing. Right after I posted and went back to the home screen, this is what it looks like. It shows 3 responses and there are 14 in the thread. Shows my avatar but has Casey's name, and the time stamp is off.

Name:	Avatar.png
Views:	2586
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	26514904
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X