Mahindra Tractor question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mahindra Tractor question....

Looking to gain some knowledge from the vast pool on the green screen.

So I started my Mahindra 450 diesel tractor Saturday to mow my pasture. When it cranked it immediately went to full throttle, thinking I had bumped the throttle lever I grabbed it but it was at idle, I then pulled the kill lever but it never even slowed the motor. In a last attempt to stop the runaway motor I cut off all air at the intake and that finally killed it. After getting it shut off I first checked the throttle rod and it was connected and looked to be functioning properly as was the kill lever.

My question is would this indicate that my injector pump need rebuilt or something else?

Thoughts?

Ken

How old is the tractor? And how long since you have used it? It sounds as if the pump is stuck and will have to be rebuilt. Even if you got it unstuck, it’s really hard to trust it not to stick again and blow the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
      How old is the tractor? And how long since you have used it? It sounds as if the pump is stuck and will have to be rebuilt. Even if you got it unstuck, it’s really hard to trust it not to stick again and blow the motor.
      I used it last about two weeks ago but its not used frequently and is definitely an older machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckyhunter View Post

My question is would this indicate that my injector pump need rebuilt or something else?

Yep. Injector pump needs rebuilt.

I got a transport load of bad diesel one year and had to pull probably 10-12 pumps that did the same thing. Gummed up and stuck at WOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckyhunter View Post

I used it last about two weeks ago but its not used frequently and is definitely an older machine.
          Might as well get the pump rebuilt and keep a good fuel treatment in it if it’s not used regularly.

Comment

Working...
          X