Where are you headed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you headed

come mid July or August to get out of this Texas heat?

I worked outside today and what should have been no longer than an hour or two took all day. About an hour into it, started around 11am, I had to take a break and get inside in the AC. Once I cooled off I'd go outside and work about 5 or 10 minutes, and then go back inside until I cooled off.

We keep talking about taking a week off every year and go some where to escape this heat. This may be the year we actually do it.
    Starts
    06-18-2023
    Ends
    06-18-2023

Can't argue with that. My wife and I were fishing in Driggs, ID two weeks ago. Yesterday, while sweating my nads off, I decided to google the temp in Driggs. Yesterday was a low of 38 and a high of 68. Today is low of 48 and high of 58. Throw in their World Class Flyfishing and I could see me spending summers there someday.

Comment

Last week of August head north towards NE Montana, with bird dogs in tow. Get home a few weeks later.

Comment

Heading out west to San Francisco in July. The. Temps will probably be in the 70’s, hopefully we don’t get robbed. Then off to Colorado, we try and go at least once a year to Colorado.

Comment

Headed to South Africa in 6 weeks !
          Going to be start of winter there.

Comment

Athelstane, Wi. Today’s high 79 and low 56. I don’t want to leave Texas, but come retirement time I don’t know that I’ll be able to continue to tolerate the Summer temps. We may become snowbirds returning home October through May.

Comment

Once we are in the rv for good we are heading to Arkansas, Colorado, Tennessee, Wyoming, and maybe Montana

Comment

Mostly just headed inside. Fishing a lot at night

Comment

I will just change my schedule when around here. Start fishing at 0400 and be off the water by 0900. Wife and I are headed to see the redwoods then over to Vancouver Island for a few weeks in July

Comment

We are headed to Acadia National Park in Maine today. We fly out to Boston and are driving to Southwest Harbor. Highs in the 60’s. Can’t wait.

Comment

Our only respite from the heat will be going to visit our son who now lives in Colorado. He’s in Denver but we will head to higher elevations from there

Comment

It's sad when I ride my motorcycle more in the Texas winters than in the Texas Summer. With family up north in Wisconsin wearing hoodies this week, its tough to not consider making a move up there at some point. There's no true escape.

Comment

I've always said the Snow Birds have it figured out.

Comment

We leave 6/28 - 7/4 for the high country and do some scouting where I'm going Elk hunting. Will be taking the two dogs for the first time, wish them luck.

Comment

We will spend Aug and Sept in Idaho.

Comment

Working...
                              X