Maui fishing recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maui fishing recommendations

Going to Maui in mid-July. Anyone have fishing guide recommendations? Probably targeting small-to-mid size (tuna, mahi, grey snapper, etc) versus going the marlin route, but not completely opposed (wife turned green the one time we got out far enough to not see shore). Staying in the Wailea area. TIA

Green island charter, is close to that area , the big boats are over in Lahaina harbor
    we didn’t catch anything on start me up charters ( expensive boat ride )

Comment

Fishing anywhere in Hawaii outside of Kona is hit or miss at best. I wouldn’t waste your money trying to fish Maui.

Comment

Yea, don't waste your money, we had more fun on one of those bottom fishing boat. There were four of us and we caught like 20 fish and had a fish fry. There were like 30 or so people on the boat but us four were the only ones that knew how to fish. The key was when the captain said ok fish, you had to be the first one down to the bottom. After a few fish were caught it would shut down.

Comment

Went once in hawaii and have talked to a few others with similar experience as ours so i wouldnt recommend it. 3 of us on boat, all day charter, caught 2 fish. And they way they do it is by number so the 3 of us drew numbers. Home got to real in 1st, Forum second. Third guy got a boat ride. And the boat keeps the first fish

Comment

Interesting takes. Thanks for everyone's input. We fished the big island a few years ago and did fine.

Comment

Working...
            X