This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about new site

Mods or those working out the kinks - Please ignore this thread. You have enough to do.

If members have questions please post here and other members can try to answer. I don't think we need 1,000 different threads over the next few days and asking "how to"

I'll start
    What are the bars under ones user name that turn orange?
  • Answer selected by Michael at 06-14-2023, 08:00 AM.

Thanks RR1.

That is a "User Reputation" indicator. From vBulletin Support Forum:

vBulletin has a system called "reputation" and it is built into the software. Users award individuals reputation by liking their content. The more content a user creates, the more reputation they award per like. That is what the orange pips under the usernames represent. Hovering over the pips shows the reputation level in a tooltip.

You can also create User Ranks in the AdminCP which can award images or badges to users.

For more information on each feature look at the inline help provided by clicking on the question marks.​

Comment

I just posted on the Welcome Home thread. Why does it show my avatar in Last post spot but says Duane at 11;29pm? It doesn't do it all the time, It did it on another thread also.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Mods or those working out the kinks - Please ignore this thread. You have enough to do.

If members have questions please post here and other members can try to answer. I don't think we need 1,000 different threads over the next few days and asking "how to"

I'll start
        I'm pretty sure it's reputation. Other forums I've been on have it. More liked posts = more bars.

Comment

The red orange "meter" is liked posts/rep. Not sure how many take up one dot but If you get posts liked your blank dots start filling in.

Comment

Be cool to have a "new view" or "classic view" option

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

I'll start

I already asked it on Michael’s thread.

Comment

What??? We can like posts now? Where's the dislike button?

Comment

Thanks RR1.

vBulletin has a system called "reputation" and it is built into the software. Users award individuals reputation by liking their content. The more content a user creates, the more reputation they award per like. That is what the orange pips under the usernames represent. Hovering over the pips shows the reputation level in a tooltip.

You can also create User Ranks in the AdminCP which can award images or badges to users.

For more information on each feature look at the inline help provided by clicking on the question marks.​
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                    I just posted on the Welcome Home thread. Why does it show my avatar in Last post spot but says Duane at 11;29pm? It doesn't do it all the time, It did it on another thread also.
                    There will be lots of technical glitches. IMO we should all just be patient on those.

Got to figure out multi-quote
                    But makes sense on the bars. Have to wait to see how it's calculated. Can't be just liked posts and several already have 2 bars orange. Maybe total posts and liked posts...

Comment

"Is a glorious beacon of light" HAHAHA that's fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Thanks RR1.

Nice Mr. "Glorious beacon of light"

Comment

was lost for a day or two started having withdrawals..

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            What??? We can like posts now? Where's the dislike button?
                            That would be the X button in the top right corner but mine never seems to activate before I post something I wish I wouldn't have.

BTW. I guess the Smiley faces aren't working yet. I tried to put one in but it doesn't show up on my end.

Comment

IMO, we should give the powers that be a few days to continue to sort things out before bombarding the forum with questions. After all, it took God 6 days to create the universe. Michael, Mary, and Casey are mere humans after all. No offense to MMC.

Comment

Are the Classifieds gone?

Comment

Working...
                                X