What cigar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
    The only place that I have seen this is at El Cubanos in League City - A gentleman named Manny rolls all the cigars in House and only carries his blends

Had a solid deal of 20 sticks for $100 - I have only smoked about half of them but they are all pretty good!

All the other lounges/shops in my neck of the woods carry all the General Cigar and Altadis brands + Padron and Davidoff
    El Patron on Hwy 3 is like El Cubano, they have a few brands but sell mostly their own rolls. I believe they are somehow related to El Cuban.

Comment

Anybody out there still chiefing?! Enjoying a newer release from CAO, the Pilon Añejo, and some Dalmore 12 while watching the Stros this evening. Happy Thursday, gents.
      Attached Files

Comment

Tried my first last summer in Cabo and have dabbled since then. Sssoooo many options and things to consider. Have smoked a few that were alright but haven’t fallen in love with anything yet.

Comment

What cigar...

I smoked my first cigar in a few years this past week . It was a buffalo trace . It wasn’t to bad . Very mild .

Comment

Smoked a little Cohiba tonight with some pipeline guys in Port A. Listening to the Aggies and drinking a few shiners and wish I had brought my humidor now.

Comment

I got a 5 pack of these Alec Bradley Coyol for $12 on Cigar Bid. Good cigar regardless of price, GREAT smoke for $2 and change!
              Attached Files

Comment

Resurrecting this thread. I have started the habit and received a humidor for Christmas. Looking for suggestions. I have been smoking mainly Flor De Olivia lately.

Comment

Originally posted by W-O View Post
                  Resurrecting this thread. I have started the habit and received a humidor for Christmas. Looking for suggestions. I have been smoking mainly Flor De Olivia lately.
                  If Flor de Olivia is in your scope, my go to's in the same range are anything My Father brands or Camacho.

Comment

I was on a cruise to Jamaica/Honduras/Belize over Christmas and was fortunate to meet, and sit & smoke with, David Skelton of Texas Cigar Roadshow fame...
                    We're Texans, and we love cigars so much, we started a YouTube channel about them. Follow along as we travel to brick and mortar cigar shops and learn their story. Oh, and of course, we will smoke cigars. - Texas Cigar Roadshow (TCR)

Really nice guy, very personable, and pretty knowledgeable on cigars and whiskey! He provided quite a bit of insight into "fake cubans" and that info came in quite handy when we stopped in Costa Maya, Mex where I picked up some fake Cuban Cohiba Siglo II cigars. They were really good fakes, but @ $15/ea they were still fakes and were hard to smoke (packed really tight & hard to get a draw thru them). I didn't mind spending the money...I've spent more on way better cigars!

Was still pretty cool to meet someone like David and hang out.

Comment

Originally posted by W-O View Post
                      For sure the Olive G and O series would be in that wheelhouse. Nub Connecticuts too.

Comment

A little cigar (Tabak Especial from Drew Estate), a little whiskey (Garrison Brothers), a little heat (kerosene heater), & a little Yellowstone on TV…
                        It’s a good evening!

Comment

The guys are on the back patio smoking but when it’s this cold outside, I stick to indoor vices. And it’s Lonesome Dove for us.

Comment

That’s a pretty slick glass! Never seen one of those before.

Comment

The set of glasses was a birthday gift from my wife last month! Also came with a set of (6) cold stones for placing in the whiskey to keep it chilled (without melting)!
                              She's helping to support my cigar smoking habit...but it may only be because of the life insurance policy!!!

Edit: This is the set she gave me...
                              Last edited by kmack; 02-19-2024, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Going to a high end charity lunch next week, Bring long my BFF. Think we will do an Acid Modulo after lunch...

Comment

Working...
                                X