What cigar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What cigar...

I sure did enjoy my makers mark this weekend...

Last edited by popup_menace; 11-02-2015, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
      Those are pretty tasty

Comment

I am wanting another Jericho hill...

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
          I sure did enjoy my makers mark this weekend...

Ha, that is rather like lighting the filter on a cigarette. Should still smoke OK though..

Originally posted by Seacoal View Post

Is this a mildew problem? If now how do I fix it
          You sir, have mold.

There's a major difference between cigar mold and cigar plume. One you want and one you don't. We'll tell you how to tell the difference.

This article clearly explains the difference between cigar mold and plume, including what causes them and how to keep your cigars safe from getting moldy.

The good news is, it is not a total loss. Carefully inspect every single stick in your humidor. Follow the suggested instructions in the above articles for cleaning it out.

Re-season your humidor. Get rid of any 70% notions for RH. Go with 65%. I use RH beads, have for years. You get a much more consistent draw, and a reduced likelihood of this happening again.

Comment

I went through and inspected everything last night. It only affected the bands on 8 cigars, and only 3 of the cigars are overly moist. They've been seperated into ziplocks and are sitting in the closet, I didn't find and mildew growing on any of the cigars themselves, it seems the bands were collecting and holding moisture

Comment

Had a crowned head lancero today. I forgot what it's called... Jalapeño or chili pepper or something. It was okay but not great

Comment

I'm out in El Paso for a few weeks, does anyone know of a good B&M store to go check out?

Comment

Need help with my wineador. On top of everything else today went to have a stick to relax and humidity was at 75 and everything felt dry and tough. I've sealed the drain plug with spray foam but I'm guessing I missed somewhere. Anyone have any ideas? I'm going to get a big Tupperware tonight to put everything in and pray that it saves them

Comment

What are you using to maintain humidity? I use 65% beads and kitty litter in mine at 65*F. Mine doesn't have a drain plug to the inside. My coolerdore does.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                      What are you using to maintain humidity? I use 65% beads and kitty litter in mine at 65*F. Mine doesn't have a drain plug to the inside. My coolerdore does.
                      I'm using 1# of heartfelt 70% beads

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                        I'm using 1# of heartfelt 70% beads
                        Just add some of the kitty litter 75% won't hurt anything. Or just crack your door open for a few days. What is the humidity in the house? If you are running AC or heat, your humidity would be lower in the house than outside the house.

How long have you had this set up? It doesn't make sense that everything would be dry if the H level is so high.

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                          It doesn't make sense that everything would be dry if the H level is so high.
                          That's what confuses me. I feel like it should be the other way around with it reading so high

We haven't had ac or heat on for about a week. No sun on it. Doesn't get above 75 in my office. Had this set up about 2 months. Ive been out of town for 3 weeks and just noticed it today

Fridge has never been plugged in

Comment

[ATTACH]754115[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                              That's what confuses me. I feel like it should be the other way around with it reading so high

We haven't had ac or heat on for about a week. No sun on it. Doesn't get above 75 in my office. Had this set up about 2 months. Ive been out of town for 3 weeks and just noticed it today

Fridge has never been plugged in

Hey Hooligan
                              Can you put another hygrometer inside to compare? Maybe your hygrometer is off.

Comment

Nice choice

Comment

Working...
                                X