No announcement yet.

What cigar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to smoke strictly Te-Amo's. Mostly cause I'm cheap and got them for free. Can't get them free anymore (they don't sponsor Walt Morgan any longer (my source)). Have ordered a couple assortments from

but can't make up my mind.

They have some cigars made from a mix of pre-embargo Cuban tobacco, but I was not impressed.

Still looking. Spoiled by free.

Comment

One of my guys brought me 1 of these this morning.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329844466.474988.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	24053051

Comment

That's a good stick. Sounds like he's wanting a raise!

Comment

What is the best/quickest way to get my humidor back down to 70% from 83% this is the first time i have noticed it spiking like this in two years I've had it. Have plenty of sticks in it that I don't want mold to start growing on. Thanks for any input.

Comment

Take out the humidification device, and let it sit for a few days. It does take quite a while for cigars to absorb or release their moisture. Check your RH, by doing a salt test to make sure your reader is accurate. If your humidor is in a consistent environment, I would not think that it would spike much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
              That's a good stick. Sounds like he's wanting a raise!
              Never thought of that. You might be right.

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                Take out the humidification device, and let it sit for a few days. It does take quite a while for cigars to absorb or release their moisture. Check your RH, by doing a salt test to make sure your reader is accurate. If your humidor is in a consistent environment, I would not think that it would spike much at all.
                Thanks and took the humidification device out this morning guess ill just wait a couple days and see what happens and maybe salt test again.

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy 45 View Post
                  Thanks and took the humidification device out this morning guess ill just wait a couple days and see what happens and maybe salt test again.
                  If there is a vent or direct sunlight, that could also cause a spike. With the heat and AC running in most Texas homes just about all the time, the RH is usually not very high. Hope this helps.

Comment

Legacy -

Look into some Relative Humidity beads. I keep mine at 65%. 70 is too high for a lot of cigars, they draw tight and don't burn well that wet. I'm especially fond of Nicaraguan cigars, and they much prefer the slightly lower RH.

The beads not only add, but also take away moisture in their environment. They last for years as well. I just wet mine down every 2-3 weeks with pure water, and my 125 stick humidor stays stable.

I keep my humidor in a kitchen cabinet, away from sunlight, and my house stays cool year round.

I cracked open the factory floral foam hootus in my humidor, and put in a stocking filled with RH beads, and snapped it back shut. I didn't lose any storage space, and it works out great. They have the ones in enclosures that will snap right in to your humidor.

Also -

While you have that credit card out: Pony up for a digital hygrometer. The brass analog ones are neat, but they are no more accurate than you sticking your finger in the air.

This is the one I have in my humi: http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_digit...TAL-ROUND.html

You can order it with the calibration kit for a couple bucks more (it's worth it)

Comment

Thanks for the info and i was just looking at that hygrometer. And my humidor has been sittiing on my dresser for over two years out of any direct light or vents never had any problems till now. I'm starting to think I may have added glycol to it twice in a week (working weird hours) wondering if that may be a problem. Thanks for the info.

Comment

My after work choice.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329951612.750836.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	24054660

Comment

Gummi Bear I got my package today. Thanks. You should get yours today or tomorrow.

Comment

Ash Wednesday stogie.
                            Picked up a mazzo of these last week, had some from a while back. Not bad for two bucks a stick.
                            Started out peppery, with lots of smoke, smoothed out, earthy, and oily. Paired with a merlot, that is on the plumb side and a bit dry.
                            Last edited by yaqui; 02-22-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Man I love getting on to TBH and seeing this thread at the top.

Comment

Been a while since I got to play. Nothing big tonight, but much needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X