No announcement yet.

What cigar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope to set fire to one tonight. It's been too long!

Comment

I'm burning one when I get home, and then one later tonight...

Comment

Have to burn some this week, both humidors are at capacity and an online order I forgot about came in today. Doh!

Comment

Well, I burned the Medina 1959 that Arrowsmith gave me for secret Santa to day. Good smoke but needed a little age, thanks Mike, I might just have to get a box of em

Comment

Round two. This one is pretty disappointing

Comment

I just burned a diesel ultimate maduro. As I told Aaron, this cigar is my go to. I think I'm gonna burn that Olivia V that my secret santa sent me after the game tonight. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421115639.592445.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	24358189
                What causes uneven burn?

Comment

Maybe how you lit the cigar? Sometimes you can touch it up with the lighter on the side that's not burning. Could be how it was rolled or smoked it too hot.

Comment

I believe too much humidity can cause a wonky burn as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
                      I believe too much humidity can cause a wonky burn as well.

As well as a cigar that's a little short on age

Comment

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=192534584101856 liga privada undercrown yummmm. Plus a nice cold coors lt
                        Last edited by muzzlebrake; 01-13-2015, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I think several things can contribute to uneven burn. Humidify certainly will, but overall qualify of the cigar is a big factor IMO. Age definitely helps, but age won't fix a poor quality cigar. The Destino al Siglo I just smoked had the tightest burn line of any cigar I have had lately.

I'm gonna have to hide these Anejos if I'm gonna get any age on them, lol!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421193304.288814.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	24358424

Comment

Originally posted by kenfa03 View Post
                            [ATTACH]685813[/ATTACH]
                            What causes uneven burn?

One thing I have noticed is from uneven Humidification as well. Sometimes when I let one sit w/o messing with it at all for a yr or so, it will burn uneven. I should have that problem fixed now though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                              One thing I have noticed is from uneven Humidification as well. Sometimes when I let one sit w/o messing with it at all for a yr or so, it will burn uneven. I should have that problem fixed now though.

Having trouble holding propert humidity.

Comment

What cigar...

Kenfa -

Go back a few pages in this thread. I have provided some links to where you can find RH beads and a quality hygrometer.

Both are key in proper storage of your sticks. The analog hygrometer that comes with most humidors is really pretty, but wildly inaccurate.

Get a digital, plus the calibration kit. Also a proper quantity of 65% beads.

Many sources will recommend 70, but as you will learn over time that cigars burn much more consistently if stored at 65.
                                Last edited by Gummi Bear; 01-14-2015, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X