What cigar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadro View Post
    I picked up an F55 hoping it will be a good one. Haven't tried it yet. I really like the aging room 356. Have you tried that monticristo espada? I have two waiting.
    What are the ones with the green and black bands? They look like they have nice oily wrappers.
    I've tried the espada robusto and it was surprisingly good because I hand't let it sit as long as I usually do. I'm not a fan of a lot of pepper in my smokes and I figured the espada would be pretty peppery but it was actually a really smooth, enjoyable smoke. I got those from a local shop, so they may have mellowed out a while there. I haven't tried the toro yet.

The green/black banded cigars are Rocky Patel Nicaraguan. I got a free box of them with an order I placed with famous smoke.com. They've been in there for almost two months and I've only smoked one so far. It was a decent smoke, especially since it was free. The RP cigars Iv'e smoked so far haven't been bad, but nothing to write home about. These were better than most RPs I've had. Not too peppery and a nice, easy draw. I'd be happy to send some your way if you PM me your address.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/rocky+pa...ars/item+44103
    Last edited by mwinter501; 12-09-2014, 07:32 PM. Reason: Looked at notes and changed opinion on nicaraguan. Added link

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
      man I need to step my game up! Craigslist has some decent priced wine coolers. Now as soon as I move its gonna be a kegerator and wine cooler purchased

side note. My Secret Santa went out tonight, someone out there is going to be VERY happy when UPS shows up this week

I have a corny and the cooler ready. Just need to purchase a reg, hoses, and a Nitro bottle. I can't wait!!!

Comment

I picked up an F55 hoping it will be a good one. Haven't tried it yet. I really like the aging room 356. Have you tried that monticristo espada? I have two waiting.
        What are the ones with the green and black bands? They look like they have nice oily wrappers.

What did you think of the POR? It has turned into my go-to if I only have 30-45 minutes to smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
          Didn't you just get this one?

Yes. Not in a hurry to get a bigger one up n running, but keeping an eye out nonetheless.

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post

Craigslist. Mrs got mine cheap.

Ive been looking just cant get anyone to respond!

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
            Yes. I got some when I bought my big humi. I was slightly inebriated when I smoked it so I dont remember much except I liked it quite a bit.

How was yours?
            Ohhhhh my. New rival for #1 cigar, I think so.

Comment

I loved a Gurkha Centurion double perfecto this evening. Gavin smoked a Hemingway and we talked about guns. You know, usual cigar smoking stuff

Comment

I have a corny and the cooler ready. Just need to purchase a reg, hoses, and a Nitro bottle. I can't wait!!!
                Let me know if you ever need help sourcing parts or ingredients. I'm at the local brew shop a couple times a month and get to visit with brewmaster at different area micros at least once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                  Let me know if you ever need help sourcing parts or ingredients. I'm at the local brew shop a couple times a month and get to visit with brewmaster at different area micros at least once a week.
                  Will do bud I put an Irish Stout on yesterday. My last batch did not turn out (airlock popped off and I didn't catch it for two days). After Christmas I'm going all in and will get with you. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by mwinter501 View Post
                    I've tried the espada robusto and it was surprisingly good because I hand't let it sit as long as I usually do. I'm not a fan of a lot of pepper in my smokes and I figured the espada would be pretty peppery but it was actually a really smooth, enjoyable smoke. I got those from a local shop, so they may have mellowed out a while there. I haven't tried the toro yet.

The green/black banded cigars are Rocky Patel Nicaraguan. I got a free box of them with an order I placed with famous smoke.com. They've been in there for almost two months and I've only smoked one so far. It was a decent smoke, especially since it was free. The RP cigars Iv'e smoked so far haven't been bad, but nothing to write home about. These were better than most RPs I've had. Not too peppery and a nice, easy draw. I'd be happy to send some your way if you PM me your address.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/rocky+pa...ars/item+44103

mwinter501- that's very kind of you and I'll send you a PM and maybe we could do a trade.

"The RP cigars Iv'e smoked so far haven't been bad, but nothing to write home about" I've heard this from a few people recently.

I have never tried a RP but picked up a fifteenth anniversary to try soon.

Comment

Shadro, I highly highly suggest trying a RP Vintage 03 Cameroon. It's my favorite cigar

Comment

What did you think of the POR? It has turned into my go-to if I only have 30-45 minutes to smoke.

Hey Michael! I've been meaning to let you know that I agree the POR is indeed a great little smoke.

Comment

Hey Michael! I've been meaning to let you know that I agree the POR is indeed a great little smoke.
                          Glad you enjoyed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoal View Post
                            Shadro, I highly highly suggest trying a RP Vintage 03 Cameroon. It's my favorite cigar

Seacoal ~ I will definitely make a note to grab one next time. Thanks!

Comment

Seacoal ~ I will definitely make a note to grab one next time. Thanks!
                              Let me know how you like it when you do

Comment

mwinter501- that's very kind of you and I'll send you a PM and maybe we could do a trade.

"The RP cigars Iv'e smoked so far haven't been bad, but nothing to write home about" I've heard this from a few people recently.

I have never tried a RP but picked up a fifteenth anniversary to try soon.
                                The fifteenth anniversary is one I've been meaning to try. I need to start smoking more RPs now that I know how much better most cigars are after a few months in the humi.

Comment

Working...
                                X