Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seacoal View Post
    Enjoyed a CAO Brazilia from 08 that was a gift from Michael. I've
    Smoked a couple of his sticks now, and I'm just blown away by the difference aging makes
    Yea, I need to try that. They don't last long in my humidor

Comment

I have found especially with the CAO sticks, that a year or two completely changes the profile. The flavors really blend well, and they get so much better.

I went through a stage, where I bought 3 of every stick at the local shop. I would write on the cello wrapper, and smoke one while recording it in my journal. The other two would get tossed in my second humidor (tupperdor - coolerdor kinda thing, I used a gasketed tote)where they would sit for a year, and 2 years.

I would always keep an eye on dates when rummaging around in the tupperdor. I would then pull a stick, and do a whole different and new review. Afterward, I would look up my original, and see what changed. It was interesting to note the changes, both in the cigar, and in me and my perceptions.

I did this for 3-4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
        I have found especially with the CAO sticks, that a year or two completely changes the profile. The flavors really blend well, and they get so much better.

I went through a stage, where I bought 3 of every stick at the local shop. I would write on the cello wrapper, and smoke one while recording it in my journal. The other two would get tossed in my second humidor (tupperdor - coolerdor kinda thing, I used a gasketed tote)where they would sit for a year, and 2 years.

I would always keep an eye on dates when rummaging around in the tupperdor. I would then pull a stick, and do a whole different and new review. Afterward, I would look up my original, and see what changed. It was interesting to note the changes, both in the cigar, and in me and my perceptions.

I did this for 3-4 years.
        Good idea.
        Gives me an excuse to buy some more sticks.

Comment

I in no way want to distract from this wonderful thread and the pictures in it.
          However I have a question for you gentlemen.
          Background might be helpful- I had 2 mini stokes a few years back and as a result I have quit smoking. I did go to a cigar store the other day to purchase a western bronze Russell statue that was in there and kinda got the urge for a cigar.
          Has anyone who has quit smoking cig's and only smokes cigars feel the urge to go back to smoking cig's ?

I don't want to take a chance if there is the slightest chance this might make me want to take up cig's again.

Thank you a moment of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jp. View Post

Background might be helpful- I had 2 mini stokes a few years back and as a result I have quit smoking. I did go to a cigar store the other day to purchase a western bronze Russell statue that was in there and kinda got the urge for a cigar.

Has anyone who has quit smoking cig's and only smokes cigars feel the urge to go back to smoking cig's ?

I don't want to take a chance if there is the slightest chance this might make me want to take up cig's again.

I prefer cigars over cigs any day of the week. With that said, I have all but quit cigs myself. The only time I crave a cig is when I am drinking and I've all but quit that as well. I can smoke one cigar or five and it in no way makes me want to cig but that's me and everyone is different. One thing I do catch myself doing is sometimes smoking a cigar like a cigarette. I do not inhale but I will puff on it more often or hot box it at times and I do this without realizing it. I truly wish I could tell you that it will not make you want to pick up a pack again! Again, myself, they have helped me more often than not to set the pack down...

I hope you are able to enjoy the occasional cigar!!!

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Jp. View Post

Not exactly the same but I used to be addicted to dip. I finally quit and can chew all I want during hunting season without having to have it or a dip. I feel like if I dipped though I woul have to go back to a can a day. Something about doing something different although basically the same doesn't trigger the urge. Obviously no one here can tell you how it will effect you and I'm not a cig smoker but it is completely different.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405192736.251532.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	24314908Enjoying a nice smoke and some cold beverages while the beer can chicken cooks in the big green egg.

Comment

My first of the week. Not to bad, but not a favorite

Comment

I can't wait to be able to sit and enjoy a cigar! One moe week and I'll wrap up this 16-17 day/night straight run...

Comment

Can't go wrong with this one...

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405705829.654265.jpg
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	24317135

Comment

Picked up a few others to try

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405723198.571524.jpg
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	24317160

Comment

You scored some pretty darn good sticks. What is the one on the left? Never seen that before.

Be sure to have had something to eat before enjoying the MF cigar. It has a pretty good kick to it.

Comment

The one on the left is a La Duena.

Comment

I've only smoked one Padron, mainly because I haven't been back to the shop since I smoked it. It was pretty dang impressive...

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoal View Post
                                I've only smoked one Padron, mainly because I haven't been back to the shop since I smoked it. It was pretty dang impressive...

Make sure you try the Padron 6000.

Comment

Working...
                                X