The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
    Yup. I have always hunted late in the season and preach it too but I wanted to break it up a little this year. I have been working harder and longer days this summer and needed a break. I did not put alot of stock into this trip just more of a get away.
    Hunting elk in these conditions is not easy or alot of fun but it beats the heck out of working. Wish me luck. Headed out to hunt!
    Stay after it! It can happen any day!

Comment

I just posted a couple Brand New Packs in the Classifieds. I am helping a buddy sell them so he can fund a Mystery Ranch Crew Cab.

Eberlestock X2....is a great little Elk day pack or a few day Bonzai pack. Very capable of hauling meat. Probably suited for a shorter Torso guy should you wish to haul heavy loads.

Cabela's Alaskan Outfitter Frame....Frame packs are out of fashion but would be a good choice for backcountry guy on a budget. It'll likely haul more weight than you are willing.

PM me if you have any questions

Comment

Yup. I have always hunted late in the season and preach it too but I wanted to break it up a little this year. I have been working harder and longer days this summer and needed a break. I did not put alot of stock into this trip just more of a get away.
        Hunting elk in these conditions is not easy or alot of fun but it beats the heck out of working. Wish me luck. Headed out to hunt!
        Late in the season might be better, but its sure hard to sit in Texas and read all these early season live hunt posts.

Good Luck!

Comment

Good luck!!! But if you kill one now you might not get to go back later.

Comment

Its super slow boys. Nothing yesterday or today . We are gonna head home on Monday. The elk are here but feeding all night. And its really hot. We havent heard a peep.

Comment

Here you go boys, five point bull down on Friday evening, packed out and at the meat locker.
              Will post full story later.
              Took a picture with my phone of the picture that is on my camera, will post better pics later.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by a3dhunter; 09-03-2012, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Well heck yea. Congrats.

Comment

Alright Dude! Way to go! Congrats!!!!!

Comment

Colorado, OTC public land bull
                    65 yard shot with Trophy Taker Shuttle T broadhead

Comment

Originally posted by a3dhunter View Post
                      Here you go boys, five point bull down on Friday evening, packed out and at the meat locker.
                      Took a picture with my phone of the picture that is on my camera, will post better pics layer.
                      Sweet!!!!

Comment

Awesome job 3dhunter!! Can't wait to read the full story!

Comment

Originally posted by a3dhunter View Post
                          Took a picture with my phone of the picture that is on my camera, will post better pics later.
                          congratulation on the sucessfull hunt it looks like all your scouting paid off.

Comment

So sick man!!! I can't wait to head up the hill!! Less than 2 weeks now

Comment

Some great stories and info on this thread!! I'm about halfway reading through all of it. I'll be heading to NM next Friday for not only my first Elk hunt, but my first BOW HUNT!! Pretty psyched/nervous to say the least. Been shooting almost everyday for the past couple months, confidence level out to 50yrds is pretty good. I'll be hunting unit 2b, not sure if anybody has any experience hunting there, but any overall input or thoughts is appreciated..Good luck to everyone else on their hunts!! 10 days!!

Comment

Nice bull a3d! Congrats!

Send a few my way....it is slow here. Hot and no bugling yet. Have 6.5 days left to get r done.

Tapachat

Comment

Working...
                                X