No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw three more bucks tonight butt got hailed off the top.
    I headed into dark timber looking for elk but found no fresh sign.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

A few last minute supplies. One week and counting!

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1346009342793.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	24109319

Tapachat

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346037898.925231.jpg
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	24109466

Thought I'd share a pic from the high country. I was real close to a 350-360 class bull yesterday. Most the elk I'm finding are between 12-13000 ft. Headed back in for 3-4 days in the morning.

Comment

Looks awesome! I'm headed to Section 25, private land and access to public, leaving on the 14th - 20th. For me it's my first time to Elk hunt and to hunt them witha bow. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Love the thread keep the post coming! Someday I'll be there. Goodluck guys

Comment

I had 3 bulls 2 cows & a calf at 52 to 120 yards this Am . No shot because the cows were between me & the bulls. One of the bulls is a shooter 6x6 probably about 320ish. Next in line was a very nice 5x5 , heavey mass & wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
                  I had 3 bulls 2 cows & a calf at 52 to 120 yards this Am . No shot because the cows were between me & the bulls. One of the bulls is a shooter 6x6 probably about 320ish. Next in line was a very nice 5x5 , heavey mass & wide.
                  Good luck Brett! I leave for Folsom two weeks from today...I can't wait!

Comment

You guys are killin me!! Weighing everything getting my pack all set up, changing the oil in the jeep... My pulse goes up everytime I check in here!! Good luck everyone!

Comment

Nice! Brett what elevation and are they bugling yet? Thanks headed that way in 16 days.

Comment

Good luck Brett! Any bugles going on?

Tapachat

Comment

16 days before I get to leave.

Glenn

Comment

Anyone going to 62 in CO this year? We will be there from the 15-23. I got a deer tag and everyone else has elk tags.

Comment

Just got back from scouting my unit in the Gila, 16A. Got on one bull around 380, so he is on my hit list!! Still pretty warm, and a lot of my water holes are bone dry!!! Gonna have to work for an elk this year!!!

Comment

Gear is ready. Have to work a half day and should be at the trail head by 3pm. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346128204.063251.jpg
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	24109779

Most of my meals. 3 tuna packs to go with the ramin, have 3 vacuum sealed frozen bagels sandwiches to put in once I get their. Protein powder to go with oatmeal. Lots of protein bars. Need to pick up one more mountain house meal. Hopefully I will be able to have fresh blackstrap for breakfast one morning. .

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346128219.880092.jpg
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	24109780

Comment

Working...
                                X