• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it to Colorado.
    Attached Files

Comment

Two days!

Comment

I've got three weeks. Reading all the reports next week is going to make it feel a little longer.

Comment

19 days and 11 hours

Comment

25 days for me. I talked to a guy last night who lives in Luna NM and he said it has been raining every day a lot. So for all you guys headed to the Gila it will be a wet one.

Comment

I head to the High Country on the 28th. I have to help coach my sons first football game this weekend.

Comment

In the sangre de cristo's at 11,200 feet and getting soaked.
                I hate rain when I am trying to get somewhere.
                Halfway up the mountain now.

Comment

Sk
                  Originally posted by a3dhunter View Post
                  In the sangre de cristo's at 11,200 feet and getting soaked.
                  I hate rain when I am trying to get somewhere.
                  Halfway up the mountain now.
                  Good luck man. Stay safe.

Comment

I notice a whole lot of you go up pretty high up in elavation for deer and elk. I admit I really don't have much experiance with high elevation hunting and I have only drawn out and hunted bulls one time. Do you all that go up really high have good success rates? And do you see good numbers of big bulls up high while hunting?

I have seen a whole lot of really big bulls and I can't say as I have ever seen the big boys up above 8000. Even when I helped my brothers up at valle vidal we got into some good bulls under 8k. Been to the gilas a few times to help and the bulls were pretty much in the 6-8k range. At least the big ones were.

Comment

Made it to 1st base camp at 11,700 feet. Set up my tarp and bivy sack and them was able to glass a little.
                      Rain stopped.
                      Didn't see anything yet. Ate dinner and hitting the sack now.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                        I notice a whole lot of you go up pretty high up in elavation for deer and elk. I admit I really don't have much experiance with high elevation hunting and I have only drawn out and hunted bulls one time. Do you all that go up really high have good success rates? And do you see good numbers of big bulls up high while hunting?

I have seen a whole lot of really big bulls and I can't say as I have ever seen the big boys up above 8000. Even when I helped my brothers up at valle vidal we got into some good bulls under 8k. Been to the gilas a few times to help and the bulls were pretty much in the 6-8k range. At least the big ones were.
                        What time of year where you hunting?

It really depends on the area you are hunting on how high you go.

Comment

Im leaving here at 4:00 Am, headed for Colorado again. I have a deer & an elk tag. Found some real nice canidates fof both

Comment

Been on the road since 4:15 Am,going through Decatur now.

Comment

Down to 23hrs.

Comment

Raining gatd in Henrietta.

Comment

Working...
                                X