The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by letsgoboys8204 View Post
    Have any of you guys check weather from this last year we were just told that in Westcliffe Colorado had a wind strom last nov. that was 140 to 160 mph winds and the trail were we go to set up camp has to many down tress to get in scrambling for a new camp site
    Yes, the wind storms were bad and there are a lot of downed trees in 86.

which trail?
    Most of them have been cleared by now by the horse riders, but earlier in the year it was pretty bad.

If you have a chain saw there are never too many, it just may take some work.

Comment

Have any of you guys check weather from this last year we were just told that in Westcliffe Colorado had a wind strom last nov. that was 140 to 160 mph winds and the trail were we go to set up camp has to many down tress to get in scrambling for a new camp site
      Call the forest service, they have interns doing that kind of work all summer.

Comment

3dhunter I think it is off the rainbow on Texas trail tough pull right off the bat let me know if you here anything are you hunting 86 this year we are talking about going up hermit but it is always hunting hard are making a run to Kester park we will be there around sept. 13 on

Comment

Originally posted by Split Arrow View Post
          Do I receive royalties on the use of the picture?
          Yes the check is in the mail. haha....I love that photo!!
          I need to make sure the artist is compensated.

Comment

Tuned in!!

Comment

3dhunter I think it is off the rainbow on Texas trail tough pull right off the bat let me know if you here anything are you hunting 86 this year we are talking about going up hermit but it is always hunting hard are making a run to Kester park we will be there around sept. 13 on
              I will definitely be in 86 opening weekend. A buddy has a mule deer tag and we will be either up north near De Anza peak or south of their near Comanche Peak depending on what I find on the thursday and friday before season when scouting.

A lot of traffic up Hermit this year, and very few elk in the basin on the north side.
              There however are a few over the top and into the next basin.

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                417 gold tip pro hunters 100 grain head.
                What head are you shootin'?

I'm gonna go with Smoke Ramcats this year.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                  What head are you shootin'?

I'm gonna go with Smoke Ramcats this year.
                  I have had great luck with 1 3/8" grim reapers 3 bulls down with them. Longest tracking job was 80 yards. I see no need to change.

Comment

Where do yall get your topo maps?

Comment

Originally posted by TXAG14 View Post
                      Where do yall get your topo maps?
                      mytopo.com
                      Amazing site. You can order specific area waterproof great detail topo maps. I use them all the time...THE BEST!!! just call Kevin at 817-587-9004

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
                        mytopo.com
                        Amazing site. You can order specific area waterproof great detail topo maps. I use them all the time...THE BEST!!! just call Kevin at 817-587-9004
                        Nice! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                          I have had great luck with 1 3/8" grim reapers 3 bulls down with them. Longest tracking job was 80 yards. I see no need to change.
                          I have killed three bulls with the Silver Flame broadhead. The penetration is unbelievable. Check em out on www.alaskabowhunting.com

Comment

Silver Flame Broadheads
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
                              Silver Flame Broadheads
                              They are a little pricey but worth it, fly like a field point, easy to resharpen, last forever, and deadly!!! I have had complete pass thru on a elk at 60 yards.

Comment

Well guys.. after following this thread for awhile i've decided to go on an archery elk and/or mule deer hunt in the mountains in 2013. I will most likely put in for a NM tag.

Thanks for the great reading material.

Comment

Working...
                                X