• Show
Clear All

The bulls are coming along great here!!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342256469.316232.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	24093330

Comment

That standing bull in the back are what dreams are made of!!! Great photo.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
        That standing bull in the back are what dreams are made of!!! Great photo.
        Yup! Less than two months!!

Comment

Yup!
          Attached Files

Comment

Well guys, at 11,127 feet right now in a bivy camp in Colorado.
            Saw 14 elk and 12 mule deer today. Caught half a dozen trout, and was having a good time until the rain hit. I know we need it, but sure puts the damper on animal movement right now.

Comment

Originally posted by a3dhunter View Post
              Well guys, at 11,127 feet right now in a bivy camp in Colorado.
              Saw 14 elk and 12 mule deer today. Caught half a dozen trout, and was having a good time until the rain hit. I know we need it, but sure puts the damper on animal movement right now.
              Great! That's encouraging, have a safe trip home!

Comment

Made it home safe.
                Had a nice climb this morning, about 1200 feet from where I slept. Saw 4 bulls and 4 bucks.
                The wind blew all night, since it was a fast and lightweight trip I just used a bivy sack and tarp in case it continued raining. Saved me about 2.5 lbs on pack weight. Since I had to come off the mountain, bought a subway sandwich for dinner and ditched the jetboil and mountain house, which made me feel spoiled.

Went to sleep on a mountain covered in blow downs hoping I positioned myself in a spot that nothing could happen. Made it hard to sleep peaceful, but it was calm by morning, then the wind kicked up 30-40 mph again by 7am. Died down about 9:30 though.

Had the bucks at 70 yards, but one spotted me first and they headed away. Saw them again a little later, 3 of the 4 were pretty nice, being in the 150-165 range right now with still a lot of growing left to do. Didn't get any pictures of these bucks though, they were too quick and very spooky.

Comment

Comment

Beautiful Country! Did you have any altitude issues?
                    Last edited by drthornton; 07-16-2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Completely sorted my hunting gear, washed clothes and cleaned optics yesterday. 5 hours in 95 degrees...ouch.

Got my Icon packed with everything but my half of the Golite SL5, water and food. Came in at 26.3#s

Getting ready for NV 3 weeks from tomorrow!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Are you going scouting at that time, or are you going for Nevada mule deer it starts the August 10th?

Comment

Nevada Mule Deer

Comment

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
                            Beautiful Country! Did you have any altitude issues?
                            No issues, started taking diamox on Wednesday morning and camped at 12,000 feet Friday night, then hiked up to 13,600 feet Saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
                              Nevada Mule Deer
                              Good luck Nevada has some huge muledeer. What unit are you hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolpin10 View Post
                                Good luck Nevada has some huge muledeer. What unit are you hunting.
                                I'll be hunting the Arc Dome Wilderness in unit 173. Gonna be an experience for sure. My goal is a P&Y Mulie in Velvet. We'll see what planning, hard work and luck have in store. 1 scout day and 6 days of hunting. This is my first above timberline deer hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X