Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
    Its probably a bunch of Residents from CO, NM yelling at how they hate NR’s
    I used to hunt Oregon and Colorado as a non-resident, and realize the out of staters pay a large % of the local GWs salaries. No yelling or rudeness from me.

Most non resident hunters are respectful of the land, ethical and prepared before they get here.

​​​​​​…… then there’s Wisconsin. I’ve had a local rancher when I signed up 2 hunters from Texas and myself to hunt his ranch in the Block Management Access program “Bill, they’re not from Wisconsin?”.

Comment

I hoping to get drawn again in New Mexico, or get a landowner tag!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack0311 View Post
        I hoping to get drawn again in New Mexico, or get a landowner tag!
        I will have some Landowner tags for sale come late June. That is when I get my landowner drawing of tags in New Mexico.

I own land in two primo units, so they are pretty pricey and in demand.
        Last edited by Bulldawg87; 02-07-2024, 08:54 PM.

Comment

I have a stupid question, trying to add some more states to the rotation and just now finally starting to look at Montana. Are those Elk Combo General licenses similar to WY General in that the one license allows you to access multiple districts? I thought I had it figured out, but looking at the planner it would appear that every single district has a General season and dates. I'm not sure why I can't seem to grasp it but figured I'd ask. Assuming that's the case, anybody care to comment on quality of a MT Combo General vs WY General (South region if it matters) in terms of crowds primarily but animal numbers generally speaking without considering any specific areas/districts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldawg87 View Post

I will have some Landowner tags for sale come late June. That is when I get my landowner drawing of tags in New Mexico.

I own land in two primo units, so they are pretty pricey and in demand.
            What units? Archery?

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post

What units? Archery?
              I won't know exactly what I have until late June.
              but hopefully archery! I am sure it will be a mixture of gun, bow and cow
              Last edited by Bulldawg87; 02-18-2024, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                I have a stupid question, trying to add some more states to the rotation and just now finally starting to look at Montana. Are those Elk Combo General licenses similar to WY General in that the one license allows you to access multiple districts? I thought I had it figured out, but looking at the planner it would appear that every single district has a General season and dates. I'm not sure why I can't seem to grasp it but figured I'd ask. Assuming that's the case, anybody care to comment on quality of a MT Combo General vs WY General (South region if it matters) in terms of crowds primarily but animal numbers generally speaking without considering any specific areas/districts.
                You know Wyoming is where it's at , lol !!
                Take a look over on Monster Muleys and see what folks are saying, Rokslide will roast your a## if you ask over there.
                Elk sounds iffy to me in Montana if not the right area or unit, whatever they call them.
                Can't play if you don't apply though, good luck !

I bet Wyoming will have some leftovers this year it normally doesn't, well maybe after the changes in NR elk.

Comment

Application season is always fun/stressful. I've spent more time than I care to admit researching the gen regions in Wyoming, stressing and trying to predict where the masses are going to apply and if I should enter the special. Had to take my laptop on vacation to Red River because I drug it out to the last minute lol.

Did the same for Arizona. I wish the late rifle season wasnt the day after Thanksgiving. Momma wouldnt be too happy if I missed Thanksgiving, but if draw the tag I put in for it will be hard to forgo a day of hunting in that primo unit.

Now on to NM apps. Draw odds sure are depressing to see, but its still fun to dream. Putting in for a lot of species this year. My wife would poop a brink if she knew how much $$ I will have tied up in apps this year!

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post

You know Wyoming is where it's at , lol !!
                    Take a look over on Monster Muleys and see what folks are saying, Rokslide will roast your a## if you ask over there.
                    Elk sounds iffy to me in Montana if not the right area or unit, whatever they call them.
                    Can't play if you don't apply though, good luck !

I bet Wyoming will have some leftovers this year it normally doesn't, well maybe after the changes in NR elk.
                    lol you're right on there, don't mention a Leupold either or you're excommunicado. Actually still might throw in in the 500+ forum, little more chill there for things like this. If I could just hunt Wyoming every year I wouldn't bother with the rest but wife and I are both coming up on drawing so I'm trying to look at 2-3 years from now. I put in for a high point LE area I won't draw so I'll have 6 points next year, wife will have 5 if she doesn't draw but she applied for SR this year in hopes the West draws more apps than expected. We applied for reduced cow and I actually put a 2nd choice option on my full price app for a cow as well that appears I might be able to draw. I'm not ashamed to pay full price for a cow in WY as long as it doesn't burn my points.

Comment

I won't know exactly what I have until late June. Units 12 & 13. Hopefully archery! But I am sure it will be a mixture of Gun, bow and cow
                      Bulldawg87 random question, but is your dad Mike F? He was talking about his son doing the same thing... If so, I'm his neighbor in The Woodlands subdivision.

Comment

I have started the pp process in several states, so should be good to go in 5-10yrs. Decided to cheat and booked a guided hunt in NM for Sept 2025. Im in my late 40s, so started too late unfortunately. Cant wait till Im 60yo.....

Comment

Originally posted by ZINS708 View Post

Bulldawg87 random question, but is your dad Mike F? He was talking about his son doing the same thing... If so, I'm his neighbor in The Woodlands subdivision.
                          ZINS708 That's me! / him. I think you know a couple of my elk hunting buddies too from the area.

Comment

ZINS708 That's me! / him. I think you know a couple of my elk hunting buddies too from the area.
                            Bulldawg87 nice- I thought so. Yes, I've met a number of elk hunters around here as well that all know each other. Need to link up sometime and swap stories

Comment

Originally posted by ZINS708 View Post

Bulldawg87 nice- I thought so. Yes, I've met a number of elk hunters around here as well that all know each other. Need to link up sometime and swap stories
                              ZINS708 Absolutely! There are three guys from LV that have land in my area out there now. Me and my dad and another guy I randomly found out about.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                                I have started the pp process in several states, so should be good to go in 5-10yrs. Decided to cheat and booked a guided hunt in NM for Sept 2025. Im in my late 40s, so started too late unfortunately. Cant wait till Im 60yo.....
                                sent you a pm

Comment

Working...
                                X