No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more sleep (If I'm able to sleep) for me!!!

Comment

7 more days here until I leave back for CO.

been packed and ready to go for past two weeks

Comment

Setting camp and hunting for a week next Monday.
        Heard a bugling report from Northern Wyoming and it sounds good, we should have some activity down our way too.

Comment

'bout time to break out the old Elite and fling a couple arras. 15days till we're heading North

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            'bout time to break out the old Elite and fling a couple arras. 15days till we're heading North
            I've been doing the daily cold bore with broadheads shot for past month. Ready for elk vitals And frosty mornings!!

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post

I've been doing the daily cold bore with broadheads shot for past month. Ready for elk vitals And frosty mornings!!
              How long ya staying and what unit you hunting?

Comment

I’m ready

this is with 1-1/2 liters of water and 7 days of food.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9619.jpg Views:	0 Size:	331.7 KB ID:	26573473

Comment

Happy September 1

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

How long ya staying and what unit you hunting?
                    SW. 7 days for now. If dont tag out might hop back towards end of season.

Comment

Good luck, we're headed SW as well!

Comment

Backpack and bow ready. Headed to Idaho in 3 days

Comment

Heading up today for 7 days , West of town. We only have about 1 1/2 hrs drive up.
                          Nice rain again yesterday and a cool front coming in today. We may get a frost up where we'll be, well parts of the forest.
                          General area, plenty of folks around but usually several elk encounters.
                          Wall tent living off the grid for a week.
                          I may be back in town to check on our pet, and get any needed supplies later in week with an update.

Longbows and wooden arrows for our setups, we need 'em close.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                            Heading up today for 7 days , West of town. We only have about 1 1/2 hrs drive up.
                            Nice rain again yesterday and a cool front coming in today. We may get a frost up where we'll be, well parts of the forest.
                            General area, plenty of folks around but usually several elk encounters.
                            Wall tent living off the grid for a week.
                            I may be back in town to check on our pet, and get any needed supplies later in week with an update.

Longbows and wooden arrows for our setups, we need 'em close.
                            Good luck !
                            Wish I was in the mountains this year, chose Africa instead.

Comment

Set camp Monday. Found a bugling bull behind it, about 500 yds.
                              Second night heard the bugling and though it was a person.
                              Went back behind camp this morning and found out it is a bull.
                              Worked him about 30 minutes or so talking back and forth somewhere around 150 yds out.
                              He never came in, we think he crossed our trail back and got our scent, wind was good while calling. Found his tracks.
                              Found another real promising spot the spouse is going to hunt in the morning, lots of beds and good grazed grass sign.
                              I'm going back up in the morning and we'll be there til Monday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4014 copy.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	457.7 KB
ID:	26578956 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4027 copy.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	26578957 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4022 copy.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	289.3 KB
ID:	26578958

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                                Set camp Monday. Found a bugling bull behind it, about 500 yds.
                                Second night heard the bugling and though it was a person.
                                Went back behind camp this morning and found out it is a bull.
                                Worked him about 30 minutes or so talking back and forth somewhere around 150 yds out.
                                He never came in, we think he crossed our trail back and got our scent, wind was good while calling. Found his tracks.
                                Found another real promising spot the spouse is going to hunt in the morning, lots of beds and good grazed grass sign.
                                I'm going back up in the morning and we'll be there til Monday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4014 copy.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	457.7 KB
ID:	26578956 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4027 copy.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	26578957 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4022 copy.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	289.3 KB
ID:	26578958
                                Awesome camp setup. Sounds like a great spot too! We're pulling out next Friday morning....super pumped!

Comment

Working...
                                X