The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
    I'm up to 18 points for elk and 19 for mule deer in Colorado.
    Yikes.. Thats kinda no mans land

Comment

Finally got the email. I drew my one and only choice. Lucky to be half a point ahead of it.. Im glad I pulled the trigger 30 min before the deadline this year.

Comment

Congrats everyone. Swing and miss here, thought I had enough for my first choice but it took more this year and my normally reliable 2nd did not work out.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
          I'm up to 18 points for elk and 19 for mule deer in Colorado.
          Opf, rough place to be in CO. You holding out to 40?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            I don'y know what I'm going to do. I have a great Wyoming hunt lined up for this year. Next year, I will have enough points to draw a good hunt in Montana. The year after that, I should have enough to draw a good hunt in Arizona. The year after that, I might cash in my points for Colorado. I also currently have 3 + 15 for both moose and mountain goat in Colorado.

Comment

Hope you folks are getting your cardio in! September is right around the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by ZINS708 View Post
                Hope you folks are getting your cardio in! September is right around the corner.
                I've been shooting, lifting and riding my bike every day.

Comment

I've been regressing the opposite direction, probably the worst shape I've been in for quite some time.

Comment

I've not been fortunate enough to draw a tag in NM the last 2 years for a hunt that is already paid for.
                    I broke down and purchased lad owner tag and will be hunting September 6-10.

Comment

Good luck on that hunt Clint.

I dropped most of the sugar from my diet, switched to bourbon for my preferred drink on weekends and lost 25 lbs. Feeling a lot better and way more energy.

We plan to set camp for a week in Sept for bow hunting then look for a cow with a rifle on private end of Sept and have rifle access again in Oct for any elk.

Mosquitoes are terrible this year up high, hope for a nice freeze/frost before you all head up.
                      Monsoons starting up this week.

Comment

I am not elk hunting this year... moment of silence. I will need to live vicariously through everyone here.

Comment

Hasnt stopped the last 4 years. Elk season just happens to coincide with my seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

Not really. Right now hes got the elk points for all unit 76 seasons except muzzle and early rifle. Dont know much about deer though.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                              I am not elk hunting this year... moment of silence. I will need to live vicariously through everyone here.
                              In the same boat. Y'all keep the Elk Thread posts going.

Comment

Yep, thankfully living at 7200 ft gives us cardio all the time, lol.
                                Wallows may be scattered all over the forest this year folks.
                                Hoping grouse population is booming too due to the moisture, get your game bird license if you can for your hunts.

We set camp Sept. 4 th for the following week's hunt, only time we have for archery this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X