The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
    I didn't know there was a "draw" for that. Thought it was like buying a landowner permit...
    Nope. It used to be a phone in process for the allotted tags. You start calling at 8:00 a.m. or something like that. They had to go to a draw system this year. You might be confusing it with some of the other Indian reservation hunts

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      We got drawn for the Jicarrila Apache reservation bull elk archery hunt. Me and curtintex. Woohoo

I can get you in contact with a real good guide if you need one. My grandpa has hunted with him over 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
        I can get you in contact with a real good guide if you need one. My grandpa has hunted with him over 20 years.

PM sent

Comment

We got drawn for the Jicarrila Apache reservation bull elk archery hunt. Me and curtintex. Woohoo
          Dang talk about some lucky dawgz!

Comment

That’s going to be an awesome experience!

Comment

Thanks guys. We got our preferred guide locked in and will be hunting two on one so we can enjoy some East Texas fellowshippin' in the New Mexico mountains

Comment

And we have to share a house with Chew and Curtintex! My Dad and I also got drawn. Have 1 guide locked in and might call that good enough. Should be a blast! Will lock in house tomorrow AM!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                  And we have to share a house with Chew and Curtintex! My Dad and I also got drawn. Have 1 guide locked in and might call that good enough. Should be a blast! Will lock in house tomorrow AM!

That’s awesome guys. Y’all will have a epic hunt

Comment

Looking forward to it, Hunter. Thanks for finding the rental house.

We need to plan some epic menus if we're not too tired to cook. [emoji38]

Comment

Bobby, I suggest you pre-cook meals and freeze, then let them thaw during the day and heat up at night. You want every minute of sleep after you get back each day. Hunt-sleep-hunt-sleep with a quick meal before hunting and before sleeping. You can cook good food at home!

Comment

Congratulations that will be a great hunt and you should go buy a lotto ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          Bobby, I suggest you pre-cook meals and freeze, then let them thaw during the day and heat up at night. You want every minute of sleep after you get back each day. Hunt-sleep-hunt-sleep with a quick meal before hunting and before sleeping. You can cook good food at home!
                          This is my plan regardless of where I stay; VRBO, Hotel or tent. It just makes life so much easier. I stayed in a VRBO (trailer house) on last years muley hunt and we cooked twice. Both of those cooks were the days prior to opening morning and one provided left overs. Less clean up as well.

Congrats Bobby and Curt on the Jic. That's going to be a large time.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                            Just a heads up...Curt snores really loud. Me...I put out a lot of body heat during spooning. Just food for thought.

Comment

There we go!! Roope!! Tied up.

Comment

Colorado elk draw results should post this week, correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X