The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Put in for 320 and 322. They’re pretty thick around here. Not easy to get close enough to kill with a bow, but lots of them. Public land and sign-in private ranchers in the block management program.

Out of my kitchen window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Bill! What an awesome view you have sir.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
      Well, last minute I decided what the hell and threw my name in for Montana. Looks like I'll be taking a little road trip this September
      Congrats man! Now your going to draw NM again and be real busy haha

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
        Congrats man! Now your going to draw NM again and be real busy haha
        Thanks!! And yeah things would get interesting quick if I do

I may be divorced and jobless come October, but boy would it be a September to remember! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Darkarcher159 View Post
          I think its Wednesday the 26th.
          If you look at the last five years, they've been released the third Wednesday of April

Comment

Why does Colorado take so long to release their draw results? A good computer should have the answers the day after the draw closes.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
              Why does Colorado take so long to release their draw results? A good computer should have the answers the day after the draw closes.
              I've often wondered this myself... back when you had to purchase the tag and then wait for them to refund you if you didnt draw (like NM now) I figured it was something to do with taxes, and being able to show income or something. Dumb IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post

Colorado goat and sheep e-mails went out today. One of the worst days of the year. When I can’t be excited about the chance I might draw a tag lol.

I’ve heard New Mexico is supposed to be tomorrow.

Comment

For all you Montana guys flying up, Southwest has airfare right now for as low as $300 round trip to Bozeman in September:

Visit Southwest.com to view the Southwest low fare calendar and find the cheapest airfare of the season. Book your next flight with Southwest Airlines and save.

Comment

Is NM going to release results today. Last year was released Wednesday 4/20/22.
                    Today is Wednesday 4/19/23....
                    Maybe they stick w/ the Wednesday theme?

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                      Is NM going to release results today. Last year was released Wednesday 4/20/22.
                      Today is Wednesday 4/19/23....
                      Maybe they stick w/ the Wednesday theme?

[emoji2369] mine is still pending.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                        For all you Montana guys flying up, Southwest has airfare right now for as low as $300 round trip to Bozeman in September:

https://www.southwest.com/air/low-fare-calendar/

My only hang up with flying is making sure all my gear makes the trip, and getting an elk home once you are successful. I shipped an elk home 10 years ago and it was $900 bucks just to get it home.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                          [emoji2369] mine is still pending.
                          ditto

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                            My only hang up with flying is making sure all my gear makes the trip, and getting an elk home once you are successful. I shipped an elk home 10 years ago and it was $900 bucks just to get it home.
                            I dont know where you are going but I flew into Missoula to going skiing at Whitefish and it was direct from DFW and painless. Got a 4x4 suburban through Turo, this was also painless and alot less $$ then Hertz etc

Comment

tick tock tick tock...

Comment

Wearing out the refresh button for NM.

Comment

Working...
                                X