No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone's cards getting hit yet for Arizona?

Comment

No tags for me, for 10 years now, still no tags. But I'll keep playing the game.

Originally posted by ZINS708 View Post
      Anyone's cards getting hit yet for Arizona?

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
        No tags for me, for 10 years now, still no tags. But I'll keep playing the game.
        ditto

Comment

The Elk Thread

Nothing here either…. I put in with 10 points which isn’t much in AZ

On to New Mexico and Montana

Comment

Good luck with your Montana draw- pm me if you’re up this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Question for those of you putting in to Montana. I've looked into it this year for the first time and curious how you guys are getting to and from. Burning 4 days just in travel is certainly not ideal. Plane tickets arent that bad but man a truck rental for a week is astronomical!

Comment

It is a kick to the backside for sure! 19 hours one day and another 7 the next, back and hamstrings are shot. Still a great hunt though. Love that country.

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                Question for those of you putting in to Montana. I've looked into it this year for the first time and curious how you guys are getting to and from. Burning 4 days just in travel is certainly not ideal. Plane tickets arent that bad but man a truck rental for a week is astronomical!

Comment

Get enough guys to drive right through, and travel at night of you can.
                  Rentals are going to be hard to get for a week during hunting season.

Comment

I’ve driven straight there in one shot about 8 times. It’s an *** whip, but I’m not burning 4 days of travel ever. You think renting a truck is expensive just try shipping a cape, horns, and meat from Montana to texas. I drive because I go expecting to kill a bull, so I take everything necessary to getting one back in good shape. I feel naked flying out there, I always feel like I don’t have everything I need.

Comment

Putting in for MT as a group.
                      fingers crossed.

Comment

When I lived in Texas and hunted MT I we did take two days there and two days back. Those are two HARD days. My trip computer to where we hunted was 28 hours of driving time so its most likely gonna be into the second day not matter how you slice it.

Comment

DFW - Bozeman
                          Turo car rental

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                            When I lived in Texas and hunted MT I we did take two days there and two days back. Those are two HARD days. My trip computer to where we hunted was 28 hours of driving time so its most likely gonna be into the second day not matter how you slice it.
                            One of the main reasons I dont apply or gain points in montana.. No reason to drive by elk to hunt elk

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                              One of the main reasons I dont apply or gain points in montana.. No reason to drive by elk to hunt elk
                              Two things in my defense.
                              1. Back then you could show up in Sept and buy a general elk tag. My area in MT I preferred over my experience in CO general units.
                              2. I naively bought in to the WY points game and just put in for my 17th time there in Jan. The fact that i could have been hunting WY general regularly back then makes me sick. Lets see if i get my tag this fall!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                                Two things in my defense.
                                1. Back then you could show up in Sept and buy a general elk tag. My area in MT I preferred over my experience in CO general units.
                                2. I naively bought in to the WY points game and just put in for my 17th time there in Jan. The fact that i could have been hunting WY general regularly back then makes me sick. Lets see if i get my tag this fall!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
                                lol I wasnt trying to say you shouldnt apply lol. As for the wyoming thing.. what you applying for.. Im sitting on 10 or 11 and I think with the increase Special price.. I will draw in the next two years the unit I am hoping ..

Comment

Working...
                                X