The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
    I’d just roll by myself. Why God invented an Inreach.

Archery elk and 2nd season rifle deer last year was nice and quiet. Jan Archery mule deer one buddy bailed other made it. The bailer went duck hunting. He will no longer get an attach code.

Don’t let people keep you off the mountain,

I really enjoy the peace and quiet of hunting alone a couple times a year also. No one to depend on but yourself

Comment

Dang I saw this up top and was hoping for some ldp's.

I agree with Texans42, don't let people or lack of stop you from the hunt.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

In Colo now. Opening day update. Bulls quiet. Plenty of sign and pics at nite. They are here, gotta find them and have some luck.

Comment

SW Montana update- forecast is tomorrow will be the hottest day of the year. Stay hydrated guys! The high temp and mountain elevation is a bad combo for those who live near sea level.

I’m getting reports of some early season bugling. Cooler weather coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            SW Montana update- forecast is tomorrow will be the hottest day of the year. Stay hydrated guys! The high temp and mountain elevation is a bad combo for those who live near sea level.

I’m getting reports of some early season bugling. Cooler weather coming.

Yep my guys are looking at forecasts calling for 96* tomorrow for the opener. Can you say TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN

Comment

Moon isn't on our side for next Saturday. They will be feeding and watering all d*** night.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                Yep my guys are looking at forecasts calling for 96* tomorrow for the opener. Can you say TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN

I’m doing the opposite. Hunting low in a drainage with lots of cover and elk tracks pummeling the area. Plus a nice bull on game cam.

Comment

I’m doing the opposite. Hunting low in a drainage with lots of cover and elk tracks pummeling the area. Plus a nice bull on game cam.

Good luck Mr. Bill.

You are due!!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Any elk down? SW Montana is 90+, the afternoon of the opener was 99. I went out early and then afternoon. Sitting over creek/ marsh at bottom of a north slope was no bad- but the thought of field dressing and packing out/ up was crazy.

Comment

Any elk down? SW Montana is 90+, the afternoon of the opener was 99. I went out early and then afternoon. Sitting over creek/ marsh at bottom of a north slope was no bad- but the thought of field dressing and packing out/ up was crazy.

I know at least one TBHer that put one down on public land. I'm sure he'll post here soon.

Best of luck to all of you with tags!

Comment

The Elk Thread

Originally posted by simek View Post
                          I know at least one TBHer that put one down on public land. I'm sure he'll post here soon.

Best of luck to all of you with tags!

Yep. Waiting on one particular guy to post his up.

A buddy of mine , not a tbher, took a nice 6x6 in Colorado today. I’m leaving Wednesday for New Mexico. Hunt starts Friday morning.

Comment

This is the time of year that I absolutely HATE having late season tags, all the pics and hunts rolling in eats me alive lol. Wife loves the snow though so we go late. I think she does it to punish me.

Comment

Let's see some pics already!

Comment

I'm headed to CO in 11 days. The anticipation is driving me crazy!

Comment

Working...
                                X