The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
    Im leaving the 13th, plan on being home on the 25th.
    Exact same, good luck to everyone!!!

Comment

Good luck gentleman!

Comment

Leave the 12th and come home the 19th - New Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Seay View Post
          Gonna be headed out tomorrow after work! First time for me. Plan on staying till the 10th!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Your are about to be hooked on a new addiction!

Comment

I'm rolling on the 16th and headed home on the 25th! Good luck to everyone, safe travels and good memories!

Comment

Good luck boys!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck fellas, but leave some for us early rifle hunters!

Comment

New Mexico has had lots of rain the last month. We are getting a call each day to pull rigs that are stuck. Please be careful when getting off the main roads. Help can be along way from you and very expensive.

Comment

I’m leaving this Friday morning. Plan on staying until the 12th if necessary. This will be my first solo elk hunt so it should be interesting. I’m getting too old to pack one out without help but will figure that out once it happens.

Comment

Fly out 16th to Calgary. Travel day and day, to get license, groceries and some gear. Start hunting 17t and will continue through 24th, then flying home the 25th.

Weights down and cardio is good as it can be at this point. Focus now is continued long range shooting with the bow to tighten up the groups.
                      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                        I’m leaving this Friday morning. Plan on staying until the 12th if necessary. This will be my first solo elk hunt so it should be interesting. I’m getting too old to pack one out without help but will figure that out once it happens.

Call a couple wild game butchers in the area you’re hunting or the local GW abs ask for some names/ phone numbers of for-hire guys with pack horses. Call state F&G department they should give you the local GWs number.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                          Don’t over think it or let it over whelm you. In the shade, at altitude meat will keep a lot longer then you think. Just use good game bags and citric acid spray, rest is just one foot infront of the other.

Concentrated Food Grade Formula Antimicrobial Formulation Kills Bacteria Keeps Bugs off Game Meat 2oz Dry Formula 4oz Fine Mist Applicator Bottle CARIBOU GEAR® Game Bag Spray is a must have for long or warm weather hunts and accidental intestinal fluids when gutting. This food grade formula is a proven method in KEEPIN

Comment

All my buddies bailed yesterday for Co !
                            I’m going to stay focused on jobs for sept.
                            No elk this year for me, NM Deer in Nov.
                            Good luck to all that are going, be safe, have fun.
                            And remember who created those mountains and animals.
                            Always be thankful and greatful.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                              I feel ya. Had hunters on back to back years bail out on my annual CO hunt within 4 weeks of departure. Both were and are still friends. They didn't get approval from the homefront back in April and didn't even apply for tags after I filled them out for them. They had even been begging for invites year after year prior. Invites with them won't be presented again.

Since then, I require deposit $ that is due same as CO draw deadline. I don't like it, but it's necessary so that I and the other members/guests aren't negatively impacted at the last moment. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post

I’d just roll by myself. Why God invented an Inreach.

Archery elk and 2nd season rifle deer last year was nice and quiet. Jan Archery mule deer one buddy bailed other made it. The bailer went duck hunting. He will no longer get an attach code.

Don’t let people keep you off the mountain,

Comment

Working...
                                X