No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just looked at the weather channel and they're getting it good with rain scheduled all week. That will help the burns recover providing much needed browse.

Looks like a normal forecast for home in SE Texas and we're approaching 2011 drought conditions here.

Comment

I drew 16a NM and it has been raining there for the past few days and rain forecasted for the next 15 days! The Gila should be good!

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
        I drew 16a NM
        Jerk

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
          Jerk
          LOL, I would say i was lucky, but it took 20 years and 2 weeks after I drew the tag I ripped my rotator cuff into, now I am trying to recover from surgery enough to pull back a bow by sept 15.

Comment

Parnell I hope your finding your rotator cuff strength and movement for your hunt.

The rain has been parked over us since early am. Come on slow and steady. The plants are loving it
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
              Parnell I hope your finding your rotator cuff strength and movement for your hunt.

The rain has been parked over us since early am. Come on slow and steady. The plants are loving it
              Thank you sir! I am on my 5th week, so far so good. I hope to start shooting on my 10th week and ready to hunt on week 17. Come on rain! I wonder what the horns are looking like. hopefully the early drought didnt hurt them too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                All that rain they have been getting in Montana hasn't gotten down to y'all?
                Nope, we've been in a dry, windy hole here in Laramie. Rain all around though, mountains should be good right now.
                Good rain chance rest of this week though through Sunday.

Everywhere needs some nice slow rain, not a frog strangler with debris flow.

Comment

A little positive news.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Previous 13 days. Looking good!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                      A little positive news.
                      WooHoo, been watching the weather and it's looked promising for rain lately. I didnt realize the NF was closed but with a scouting trip planned for late Sept and hadn't thought much about it.

Comment

I think most of the forest is open as of the 24th

Comment

I recently bought a Harvest Right Home Freeze Dryer (affiliate link) ("Why?", you might ask?...see video below! )

I'm getting ready to put together several freeze dried backpacking meals, and figured I'd consult with the experts here for recommendations of favorite meals that you'd want to eat on the trail. What is typically missing from some of the commercial options that you'd like to see more of? (i.e., I know Mooseontheloose and I often talked about needing more veggies/fiber after spending a week on the mountain eating meals from a pouch.)

Let me know your thoughts. I'll be freeze drying several meals over the next two weeks for an upcoming "work" trip to Durango area, where I'll also have a few days to camp and hike.

#harvestright #foodshortage #homesteading Harvest Right Freeze Dryers - https://affiliates.harvestright.com/1514.html(affiliate link)0:00 Introduction0:24 Co...
                          Last edited by Michael; 06-28-2022, 02:04 PM.
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            I recently bought a Harvest Right Home Freeze Dryer (affiliate link) ("Why?", you might ask?...see video below! )

I'm getting ready to put together several freeze dried backpacking meals, and figured I'd consult with the experts here for recommendations of favorite meals that you'd want to eat on the trail. What is typically missing from some of the commercial options that you'd like to see more of? (i.e., I know Mooseontheloose and I often talked about needing more veggies/fiber after spending a week on the mountain eating meals from a pouch.)

Let me know your thoughts. I'll be freeze drying several meals over the next two weeks for an upcoming "work" trip to Durango area, where I'll also have a few days to camp and hike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Rp...jMUY-kV4AaABAg
                            If you could mimic and or beat Peak’s biscuits and gravy, I’d buy some to help off set prices. I think I go through about 20 -25 packs a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                              If you could mimic and or beat Peak’s biscuits and gravy, I’d buy some to help off set prices. I think I go through about 20 -25 packs a year.

I can probably give that a shot. It appears that it comes with whole biscuits. Do you break them up or keep them whole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                                I can probably give that a shot. It appears that it comes with whole biscuits. Do you break them up or keep them whole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I think they are more quartered in the bag but break up as you are mixing to bite sized chunks
                                Last edited by Texans42; 06-28-2022, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X