The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
    Yeah 4-5 points in CO gets you into that grey area and there is no light until 76 and then 61 if you dare.

Will be very interested to hear about the caliber of Bulls in there. From the pics I've seen I think you will be able to effectively use your glass in there.
    I just checked my brothers draw. He missed on 61.

He now has 15 points

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
      We drew 49 in N.M. This will be our 3rd year in a row.
      Nice I have often thought of putting in for it. I have been through there a lot on skiing trips. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post

He now has 15 points
        Sad thing is he may still be 2 years away with point creep.

Comment

He now has 15 points
          In 15 years I will be 44 years old.... and there is no guarantee that I would draw 61 with 20 points by then.

I think the top units in CO are for people that have backup locations to hunt or don't mind only hunting elk once in their lifetime.

Comment

Yup he says he would never go this route again, but he has not missed elk hunting in 23 years. If he draws next year he will be 44 lol.

Comment

well boys, headed up to Colorado this weekend, ya'll enjoy the heat!

Comment

49 success

Nice I have often thought of putting in for it. I have been through there a lot on skiing trips. Good luck.
                These are the best two in the last two years. We took 7 elk out of 10 tags in the last two seasons.
                Last edited by old killer; 01-21-2013, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Injury update. Saw my shoulder doctor yesterday, everything is on schedule. The first six weeks and out of the sling. the next six weeks I am allowed to pick up 2 pounds and no more. Concentration is still on range of motion. September 1 is 5 months from surgery. I will have to wait to see how much poundage I can pull.
                  Lord willing I will be there, maybe not 100%,but I will be there.

Comment

Good luck man. I wish you a speedy recovery. You have the best motivation known to man.

Comment

We drew 49 in N.M. This will be our 3rd year in a row.
                      I got 51 in NM this year.. .was 15 last.. I never hunted that so any info anyone has would be great!!!!!

Comment

Injury update. Saw my shoulder doctor yesterday, everything is on schedule. The first six weeks and out of the sling. the next six weeks I am allowed to pick up 2 pounds and no more. Concentration is still on range of motion. September 1 is 5 months from surgery. I will have to wait to see how much poundage I can pull.
                        Lord willing I will be there, maybe not 100%,but I will be there.
                        Good thing you don't use your rotator cuff muscles on drawing a bow... well you use one of the 4 but you should be fine... keep the motion!!!!!! That is the main thing!!

Good luck

Comment

Been by 51 and like the way it looked from the highway. Hunted 52 year before last and found a lot of elk in areas you normally would go past.

Comment

As I posted before, spent the weekend up in Colorado. Had a great time and brought back some pics from up there for all of you who couldn't make it.

Comment

Great pictures! Can't wait to get up there.

Comment

anyone hunted unit 65? we are planning on hunting it three weeks into archery season, hopefully find some action.
                                ive never been, and we are just going to take the necessities and hike up in for a week or so.
                                will be fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X