No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother and I are headed back for archery season.

Brother took a bad fall off a rock ledge last year, tore up his shoulder and didn't get to actually hunt most of the time we were there. He just had rotator cuff and labrum surgery a little over 1 month ago. He finishes his rehab just 1 week before we head back up. He's a little nervous he'll be ready but is hoping for redemption.

I was digging through some of my gear yesterday and broke out my reeds and bugle tube. Don't seem to have lost my touch. I was a bit surprised that I didn't sound horrible.

Comment

Headed to Montana this year put in for my tag on Tuesday. Doubt New Mexico happens. Colorado has been a blast the last two years really looking forward to some new country and a new state. Perhaps it will be alittle less crowded.

Comment

I'll be going to Colorado the first week of archery if I draw a tag.

Comment

Headed back up for 3rd season. Got a new place and really excited about.

Comment

I'm headed back to Utah again. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Got 4 cow elk tags hopefully for late season private ground in northern Colorado. Should be lots of elk meat making the trip home in December this year.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Its good to be going elk hunting again after a 3 year hiatus. Headed to Unit 4 NM...private ground.....October rifle.

Comment

Now that the deadline has passed, who has a couple points in Colorado? All of my close friends put in so that they could go with me in the Craig area...

So, anyone else planning a solo archery hunt in those units for 2023 or 2024? Guaranteed draw with 3 points.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                    Now that the deadline has passed, who has a couple points in Colorado? All of my close friends put in so that they could go with me in the Craig area...

So, anyone else planning a solo archery hunt in those units for 2023 or 2024? Guaranteed draw with 3 points.
                    I'll have two and wife three, dunno what we have planned for them yet though. I'm hoping for a General in WY this year and hoping she'll get the same the following year, so if everything goes perfectly we'll have a couple more in CO before having to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                      Who all is headed to Colorado to chase elk this year? I’ll be in southern Colorado for 2nd rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I'll be there in late September for archery. Can't wait!

Comment

Put in for a cow tag and mule deer buck tag for 3rd rifle season.

Comment

We'll be putting in for a LQ area in Wyoming but we have private access for cows, and limited bull hunting, in a general area if we don't draw.
                          Didn't even hunt elk last year, spouse had a moose tag that took all our time.
                          Looking to fill a cow tag early if we can, rifle opens in Aug. for the cow tags but we'll wait til Sept.

Comment

3 pts in CO. Almost cashed them in this year. Still put in for a unit but creep will probably keep me out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed to CO late Sept. OTC if we don't draw the unit we put in for.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

First year in 10 that I’m confident I won’t have an elk tag. Points everywhere and going big or going home in New Mexico with this new job. I will be hunting a pretty good mule deer hunt in Arizona in January. Getting really really close to my Arizona elk tag, and getting pretty dang close to my points for Colorado and Wyoming. Going limited entry in Montana in the next couple years if I draw, if not I’ll go general until I do draw. Points for elk deer and antelope everywhere. Should be a fun filled next 5 years if I live that long.

Comment

Working...
                                X