The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
    Just don't cut out too many steaks haha. Even though elk is good, steaks all the time will burn you out on them. Atleast it does to me. Good luck hope you get to cut some!
    Steaks can become stew meat or even burger at a later date , but I know what you mean.

Comment

So I'm on the alternate list with the number 631 of 2799 for the big game combo, which means about ZERO chance of a bull tag.

Fish and game said however I can get a general cow elk tag OTC and a black bear tag OTC, along with a wolf permit.

So looks like cow elk for me.

Comment

I’m 7 days out from being in Montana chasing bulls again. We will have 3 days to scout the unit and 8 days of hunting. This year both my buddy and I have a tag so it should be a great trip.

Also, after getting home from Montana I’ll have about 6 days at home before heading to NM to help another friend of mine and his dad try to fill their tags. There will be plenty of days in the elk woods this year.

A few bulls from MT we’ve found so far

Comment

It’s getting close to go time. My CO-OTC tag just arrived in the mail! Super excited for my first elk hunt. Good luck to all those hitting the elk woods!
          Last edited by Uncle_Milty; 08-26-2021, 01:26 PM. Reason: Computer glitch

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
            It’s getting close to go time. My CO-OTC tag just arrived in the mail! Super excited for my first elk hunt. Good luck to all those hitting the elk woods!
            Mine did too!!! I may or may not have been packed up for 2 weeks now…
            Good luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
              I’m 7 days out from being in Montana chasing bulls again. We will have 3 days to scout the unit and 8 days of hunting. This year both my buddy and I have a tag so it should be a great trip.

Also, after getting home from Montana I’ll have about 6 days at home before heading to NM to help another friend of mine and his dad try to fill their tags. There will be plenty of days in the elk woods this year.

A few bulls from MT we’ve found so far

Good luck brother! Let me know when you get to the Treasure State!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                Just got my Private Land New Mexico tag for Sept 7th - 11th. Myself and a buddy are going with Tao Pueblo and staying in Eagles Nest. I am pumped!
                We will be in Questa just north of red river sept 7-14. Talked to the guide today, said they are just starting to bugle, thinking next week could be good. Our compartment sounds steep but gonna give it hell!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                  We will be in Questa just north of red river sept 7-14. Talked to the guide today, said they are just starting to bugle, thinking next week could be good. Our compartment sounds steep but gonna give it hell!

It’s about go time! Bags are packed and we drive out early Sunday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                    It’s about go time! Bags are packed and we drive out early Sunday morning.

Leaving my house at 5:30 Sunday as well. Picking up my brother in Aledo and headed to camp in NM for the night!

Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Have a safe trip fellas.

Comment

Opening day success! Long story short, I called in my bull and made a 56 yard heart shot. Full pass through, hardly reacted to the shot. He took two steps and rolled downhill. Rained on us all night. Tough, rainy pack-out with flooding. Got back yesterday.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                          Opening day success! Long story short, I called in my bull and made a 56 yard heart shot. Full pass through, hardly reacted to the shot. He took two steps and rolled downhill. Rained on us all night. Tough, rainy pack-out with flooding. Got back yesterday.
                          That was fast. Congratulations.

Comment

Heck yeah man.......congrats!

Comment

What unit were you in?

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post

Congrats! I leave for CO on Wednesday. What state were you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X