The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
    I have received my password but when I try to log in, it keeps telling me that I don't have enough permission to log in. Anybody ever encountered this? thanks
    check your email, you have to verify your account by clicking on the link that they send you.

Comment

Well boys, the hard work is paying off!

The workouts continue...
      leg extensions
      reverse leg extensions
      leg press
      back extensions
      calf raises
      glute extensions
      kettleball squats thrusts
      squats
      bench press
      shoulder press
      incline press
      dumbbell incline
      dumbbell butterfly
      seated butterfly
      seated row
      lat pull downs
      lat raises
      dumb bell curls
      dead lifts
      tricep extensions
      leg lifts
      crunches
      running bleachers
      mountain biking
      mountain hiking
      treadmill running
      treadmill 10 degree incline walk
      elliptical
      stairmaster

well, you get the picture....
      Down 50 lbs in 16 months, next goal has been set!

Comment

Yes sir, did that again this morning. Still ca'nt login..
        Originally posted by tookeymonster View Post
        check your email, you have to verify your account by clicking on the link that they send you.

Comment

Originally posted by a3dhunter View Post
          Well boys, the hard work is paying off!

The workouts continue...
          leg extensions
          reverse leg extensions
          leg press
          back extensions
          calf raises
          glute extensions
          kettleball squats thrusts
          squats
          bench press
          shoulder press
          incline press
          dumbbell incline
          dumbbell butterfly
          seated butterfly
          seated row
          lat pull downs
          lat raises
          dumb bell curls
          dead lifts
          tricep extensions
          leg lifts
          crunches
          running bleachers
          mountain biking
          mountain hiking
          treadmill running
          treadmill 10 degree incline walk
          elliptical
          stairmaster

well, you get the picture....
          Down 50 lbs in 16 months, next goal has been set!
          Good job!!

Comment

Way to go 3D! I started 2 weeks ago trying to cut some carbs and pretty much quit milk not easy for me. I have started picking up the activity level and I'm feeling better. I have only lost a couple pounds though

Hopefully I will have more incentive come May 9th!

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
              The toughest part of a quality elk hunt is getting drawn.
              I have not been drawn yet!

Comment

I appreciate the encouragement guys.

I know a few of you were laughing at me several months ago when I asked if you were working out......
                for me, it has become a year long fitness thing, a lifestyle change, to become the person I want to be.

Now, when I hit the weekend, even if I have to work I know I will be doing something afterwords that is very active.
                I don't feel the constant need to just sit back and take it easy when off work. If I don't get a workout in I can't wait to hit the gym at the next opportunity.

In the end, it will make me a better hunter and improve my mental toughness. That is one of my goals right there.

Comment

I know a few of you were laughing at me several months ago when I asked if you were working out......
                  for me, it has become a year long fitness thing, a lifestyle change, to become the person I want to be.

Now, when I hit the weekend, even if I have to work I know I will be doing something afterwords that is very active.
                  I don't feel the constant need to just sit back and take it easy when off work. If I don't get a workout in I can't wait to hit the gym at the next opportunity.

In the end, it will make me a better hunter and improve my mental toughness. That is one of my goals right there.

That's a good goal to have. Good luck.

I usually start working my legs hard after July 4th. We don't hunt that high elevation so it works for us. If I was hunting at 10-12K feet I would start alot earlier!

Comment

I train all year round, no matter what. Have since I was 13. But 3D hit it out of the park. Mental toughness is absolutely paramount. No several self proclaimed "fatties" that can out hunt me any day. They know the quarry and never ever give in. Your body can take **** near anything....it is that lump of grey matter that tells you to pick up and head to the truck.

Comment

From Orange to elk camp is 18hrs. The N.M. draw is 5/23. I'm currently mending from shoulder surgery. Should be back in shape by mid August.
                      Last edited by old killer; 01-21-2013, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                        From Orange to elk camp is 18hrs. The N.M. draw is 5/23. I'm currently mending from shoulder surgery. Should be back in shape by mid August.
                        They'll be available online May 9th!

Comment

Just finished passive shoulder workout. Nine days till draw. If I can't shoot the ASA classic in August, I may make a tiip to the mountains to scout in July.
                          I have friends in the Taos area and may just leave my walltent and kitchen tent there till elk season.

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                            How's progress on moving up there going?
                            Well, on one job application I have moved to the second step of the hiring process. Will be testing to see if I make it to the third step.
                            I'm trying not to get my hopes up since this one seems like a long shot, but maybe this is what the Lord has planned for me. I'll give it my best and throw in a few prayers!

Comment

For guys that put in for New Mexico you can review your hunts online. It's not official but if you got a refund in a particular hunt category you did not draw.

Login to your online account via the link below, Click public Draw Hunts and then click review next to each Species group. If you got a refund i.e. -$760 you did not draw. If it says refund $0 you drew but you may not know which unit.

I struck out across the board Elk, Deer and Antelope

Comment

Well, on one job application I have moved to the second step of the hiring process. Will be testing to see if I make it to the third step.
                                I'm trying not to get my hopes up since this one seems like a long shot, but maybe this is what the Lord has planned for me. I'll give it my best and throw in a few prayers!
                                Good luck 3d!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X