• Show
Clear All

Good boots

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
      Good boots
      Or glass.

Comment

Kinda depends on what you've already got.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
          Or glass.
          Not so much in Sept. Unless you have a really really heavy bino set.

I’d look at cutting weight set up or upgrade comfort options, pad, sleeping bag, tent

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
            Not so much in Sept. Unless you have a really really heavy bino set.

I’d look at cutting weight set up or upgrade comfort options, pad, sleeping bag, tent
            Good glass is always good to have. You probably don't need it for an archery hunt, but it will last forever and can be used for anything.

But, if you need to get your kit right, that is a good idea too.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              Good glass is always good to have. You probably don't need it for an archery hunt, but it will last forever and can be used for anything.

But, if you need to get your kit right, that is a good idea too.
              I don’t disagree can’t go wrong with good glass. It literally lasts a life time especially with today’s warranties

Comment

Anybody hunted 80/81 OTC in CO?

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                  I live in Capitan, and have found some great areas in 36-37. Let me know if you need some help. It's a beautiful area with a ton of elk. You're going to love it!
                  I received the tag in the mail today.I figured they were going to call me and tell me it was a mistake until now haha. I think I have a good starting point and going to do some looking around in august. September needs to come on !!

Comment

Originally posted by chevota View Post
                    Went Last year OTC. Unsuccessful but first time in that spot. Lots of sign felt like I would have a good chance this time around. So back to step one lol. Rifle up where I went could make the drive up/down pretty sketchy if the weather goes south. Also prefer Archery anyway
                    maybe focus on lower elevation during rifle. or go up north with a otc tag. If it was me I would look for a leftover tag in the unit you are wanting to archery hunt . I bet you will be able to get one pretty easy. or download leftover watch ap on your phone and look for a good tag !

Comment

I like my kifaru tut a lot. Sets up quick in a pinch. The pull outs on side open up a lot of space when fully tether out. With that said the kifaru sawtooth is best overall design. If I was to copy one for all uses that’s what I’d copy, unless you want smaller ultra ultra light,
                      Look good but those prices are tough. I may just carry the tent for a few extra pounds.

Comment

[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                          Look good but those prices are tough. I may just carry the tent for a few extra pounds.
                          Look at outdoor vitals, seek outside, tarp tent etc.

Kifaru uses a really expensive sil nylon thats over kill.

Comment

Look at outdoor vitals, seek outside, tarp tent etc.

Kifaru uses a really expensive sil nylon thats over kill.
                            Thanks, will do. I spent 6 nights in a tioi last year, including a night with an incredile wind storm. Storm was loud but cover was strong. It was plenty for two people and seemed like a way lighter setup. And much more roomy than tent.

Comment

Dang I need to work further from the refrigerator or I am not going to be able to drag my arse up the hill this fall. I am proving you cannot out work a bad diet.

Comment

Memorial Day weekend- another year older and starting the workouts a month later. I just did hill climbs with my elk pack lightly loaded for 85 minutes, taking a coffee break and then start shooting my bow.

I’m 65 and live at 5,300’ elevation so I’m used to the thinner Montana air. I hope you young guys are starting to get ready, the mountains are beautiful but tough on you if not in shape.

These hills are the easy ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X