No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got back from my high country Wyoming elk hunt (first ever elk hunt). Trip of a lifetime and one of the most difficult but rewarding things I have ever done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok guys y’all can stop now jealousy is off the charts

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
        I just got back from my high country Wyoming elk hunt (first ever elk hunt). Trip of a lifetime and one of the most difficult but rewarding things I have ever done.

Cool looking bull! That is the biggest 4 pt I've ever seen.
        Congrats!

Comment

The Elk Thread

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
          Cool looking bull! That is the biggest 4 pt I've ever seen.
          Congrats!

Thanks! Yep, the guys I was hunting with all said he was the biggest 4 point they have ever seen or taken. Almost like a huge 6 point in the whitetail world I guess. We counted a few times when walking upon him, and couldn’t believe he was only a 4. Shot was bang bang so didn’t have time to count points, but knew he was plenty big for my first elk.

Comment

Congrats 44mAG! That is a huge 4x4. Trophy of a lifetime. Pics are fantastic too.

Comment

[ATTACH]975249[/ATTACH]

Comment

Does anyone if the proposed changes for Wyoming NR draw results went through or not? Will results continue to be released in February or is it now May?

Comment

Nice bull Tom, that thing has mass

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH44 View Post

X2!

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                      https://youtu.be/NQ_XY2ktu50

My buddy rob brought in the big guns [emoji23]

Those guys seem like top notch hunters and people. Would love to share a camp with them someday.

Comment

Pretty sure the changes passed and next year May is when you'll know results.

Did a little elk hunt yesterday and got into a nice little 5 pt. Easy 75 yd pack down the ridge to the atv. One trip out for 2 of us and the elk on the atv. The Polaris 500 has hauled out 2 elk and 2 rides at once in the past.
                        We watched the elk move in from the neighbors land about 2 miles away, they came over left of the little rounded hill in the first pic and crossed the draw right below us in about 10 minutes. Our ride out was the small 2 track you can see along the creek.
                        We're very fortunate that our elk hunting access is relatively open country.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Congrats to everybody who has been putting them down! Very unique and character-filled bulls!

Comment

It looks like this may have been the most successful year ever for TBHers hunting elk. Congrats y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH44 View Post
                              He is a good one. 320-330 or thereabouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                It looks like this may have been the most successful year ever for TBHers hunting elk. Congrats y'all!

No lie!! All this high hopes I’m getting [emoji1787]

Comment

Working...
                                X