Where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Elk Thread

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      Where?

Ill be hunting about an hour and a half west of Bozeman
      Last edited by jaker_cc; 09-01-2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Hunting NM right now. Yesterday had a 4x1 close but let h walk. Today had a cow at 25 and this evening saw 4 bulls. 2 spikes a 3x3 and 5x5. Had no shot at the 5x5 but passed on the others. The other guys have seen a few big ones but not shot yet. No bugling going on and they are coming in silent.

Gonna be here another 7 days. Hopefully they start talking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
          Hunting NM right now. Yesterday had a 4x1 close but let h walk. Today had a cow at 25 and this evening saw 4 bulls. 2 spikes a 3x3 and 5x5. Had no shot at the 5x5 but passed on the others. The other guys have seen a few big ones but not shot yet. No bugling going on and they are coming in silent.

Gonna be here another 7 days. Hopefully they start talking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
          Beautiful ones. Good luck and have fun.

Comment

Good Luck everybody!!! BrettC and I will be heading to north western Co. on the 20th! We are excited to get to hunt into the last part of September this year! Archery season always ends to early, I love the dates for this year.

Comment

We leave Thursday and will have horses this year, I can't wait !!

Comment

We're going up to set camp and hunt for 5 days this Thursday. Luckily we are only 2 hrs from home so camp will stay up til Sept. 22nd or so.
                General area we know pretty well.
                Big weather change for our area in Wyoming, Fall is coming. Maybe a snow showers up higher. We're looking to hunt at about 9,200 ft this year, the parks and meadows along the creek.
                Elk camp pics when we get back from the first hunt.
                The cooler weather should have elk starting to talk soon.

Comment

Good luck and safe travels to everybody chasing elk! Leaving tomorrow and went ahead and put made a little video about what I'm bringing. (I'm designated caller this year, not packing a bow)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRmxnA438Ac"]What's in My Pack | 3-5 day Elk Hunt Gear List - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Nice video.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                      We leave Thursday and will have horses this year, I can't wait !!
                      That will be more exciting! Enjoy

Comment

The Elk in unit 34 are looking real good this year. have passed on decent bulls last few days. Got a stalk on this beast two nights ago. Ran out of cover when he was at 189 and called him into 123 yards and he hung up. Very little bugling going on and hoping that changes soon!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	nice elk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	24591743

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                          I'll second the Solomon Quest 4D's. I have bought a new pair each June/July for the last 4 years. Although they feel mostly broken in new, I break them in the month before my Colodado elk hunt, then use them for work as an Arborist the rest of the year. The Quest 4D 2's were my favorite and were unstoppable; however, the 3's i bought last year had an eyelet break off after 6 months.

Man this was solid advise! These things are the most comfortable boot out of the box I have ever had

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                            The Elk in unit 34 are looking real good this year. have passed on decent bulls last few days. Got a stalk on this beast two nights ago. Ran out of cover when he was at 189 and called him into 123 yards and he hung up. Very little bugling going on and hoping that changes soon!!

[ATTACH]971140[/ATTACH]

[emoji43][emoji43][emoji43]

Comment

One of our hunters (TBH member) killed a nice 6x5 in the last few days. No bugling and temps are pretty warm. Hopefully the second shooter gets on a bull. This is on private land in unit 34.

Comment

I leave in 4 hours 27 minutes and 18 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                                X