The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    Yeah, full moon is 14th. Our actual hunt doesn't start til the 17th. We're gonna fish a little before then. Hopefully, there will be good mid-day activity with that moon and the rut combined, rather than everything happening in the middle of the night. Hopefully, being on private land without a lot of pressure will help that as well. Fingers crossed....
    Good thing about the moon is that later that week its coming up later at night and not setting until mid morning. My grandpa says he's killed the majority of his elk during this time. The elk are out chasing and grazing in the full moon and then it just turns daylight while they are still in the meadows. Even if it delays their time to the bedding grounds by 15-20 minutes it gives you an advantage. If the moon sets before sunrise then they usually start heading to bedding areas. Hopefully they'll be so fired up and it won't really matter. We'll be up there chasing them that week as well in SW CO. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by makotex View Post
      Good thing about the moon is that later that week its coming up later at night and not setting until mid morning. My grandpa says he's killed the majority of his elk during this time. The elk are out chasing and grazing in the full moon and then it just turns daylight while they are still in the meadows. Even if it delays their time to the bedding grounds by 15-20 minutes it gives you an advantage. If the moon sets before sunrise then they usually start heading to bedding areas. Hopefully they'll be so fired up and it won't really matter. We'll be up there chasing them that week as well in SW CO. Good luck
      Makes sense. Best of luck to you too!

Comment

Originally posted by makotex View Post

Great info! We will be on the NM/CO line that same week hunting private land.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Yeah, full moon is 14th. Our actual hunt doesn't start til the 17th. We're gonna fish a little before then. Hopefully, there will be good mid-day activity with that moon and the rut combined, rather than everything happening in the middle of the night. Hopefully, being on private land without a lot of pressure will help that as well. Fingers crossed....
          Will also be in Co. those dates, but Northern region south of Walden.
          Moon is a buz kill, but we will see what happens.
          Just getting in the woods will make my trip, all else is just extra.

Comment

I'm leaving tomorrow for Colorado.. I have 2 weeks to get it done..

Comment

Look at this shot!!!!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7djQfW4Il2s"]FIVE FOOT BULL - A Stalker Stickbows Film - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

That has to be one hell of a feeling. Man i wish they would have showed everything that happened after the shot.

Comment

I got a buddy that STILL would have missed. LOL

Comment

Pretty amazing to get that close!

Comment

I’m on my way to southern CO bout 4hrs left then hike in tomorrow a few hrs and be ready for them Saturday morning

Comment

Originally posted by scottr325 View Post
                        I’m on my way to southern CO bout 4hrs left then hike in tomorrow a few hrs and be ready for them Saturday morning
                        Good luck!

Comment

That was a really well done video

Comment

Wow just wow!!! Awesome video and hunt

Comment

Just posted the start to my Montana live hunt. Y’all follow along

Comment

honed and ready. Unit 34 NM

Click image for larger version

Name:	honed and ready.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	24591401

Comment

Working...
                                X