No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the Mrs is going to want to go to do our big trip this summer, that means I will be able to hunt out west this year!!!! Elk or mule deer?!?!?!?! I’m back boys!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
      We are sitting on 4 elk pts in Wyoming. Gonna just keep letting them build and keep hunting Idaho. We are gonna burn our antelope this year though. Gonna spend 20 total days in Idaho then hunt antelope for 3-4 days in Wyoming on our way back through
      Sounds like a heck of a trip right there!

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
        Same boat. I've got 8. If you're looking to drop the hammer in the next few years, we should discuss putting in together.

[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
          Looks like the Mrs is going to want to go to do our big trip this summer, that means I will be able to hunt out west this year!!!! Elk or mule deer?!?!?!?! I’m back boys!!!!!!!!

There we go!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If anyone is looking for some gear for an elk hunt this year, I just posted a huge lot in the classifieds.

Comment

My cousin and I drew Wy elk 7-1 with a one point party average in the special random draw! Looks like it was about 2% odds!

Anybody ever archery hunt this unit?

Comment

Originally posted by Letemgrow View Post
                My cousin and I drew Wy elk 7-1 with a one point party average in the special random draw! Looks like it was about 2% odds!

Anybody ever archery hunt this unit?
                Great area but you'll have company. Limited private access if you want to really pay but not needed.
                You'll need good boots and spare tires for those roads.
                There have been some wolves around the area and one shot, shoot them on sight, no license needed. Just report the kill to WG&F.
                Never been up in the northern part of the area but along highway 34 know it pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                  Sent you a pm wytex if you don’t mind answering some questions about a elk unit.

Don't know if I got that pm or answered it, send it back my way.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                    Don't know if I got that pm or answered it, send it back my way.
                    You answered it already, thanks for the help! My friend filled his cow tag pretty quickly.

Comment

Does anyone have an elk decoy they don't use and are willing to sell?

Comment

Archery OTC in Idaho again this year.

Comment

Got my apps in for my draw units in Montana, so I’ll probably be hunting general. Points in Colorado, Arizona, and will be putting in for points in Wyoming in July

Comment

Anyone know when the AZ draw results post up?

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                              Anyone know when the AZ draw results post up?
                              Not sure but they are hitting cards since Friday

Comment

CO, or really any state you goto to get an elk hunt in.

How did you find the unit?

Comment

Working...
                                X