Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a magical night last night sitting water hole. Bulls started firing off around 5:30 and by 7:00 water hole had about 15 elk in it. Killed a 5x5. Got to bed at 4:30 am. 10 miles on my boots yesterday. Friend shot one at another water hole. We spent day looking but could never find him

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
      Had a magical night last night sitting water hole. Bulls started firing off around 5:30 and by 7:00 water hole had about 15 elk in it. Killed a 5x5. Got to bed at 4:30 am. 10 miles on my boots yesterday. Friend shot one at another water hole. We spent day looking but could never find him
      Heck of a day!

Comment

It was a chilly 22 degrees this morning. Had a great trip but didn’t stick anything. Had my first moose encounter. Countdown until next year begins

Comment

Heading to NM in the morning. All is packed. Amped up

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Heading to NM in the morning. All is packed. Amped up
            good luck man.. you deserve a bull..

Comment

The Elk Thread

Here you go guys. This is what you can look forward to if you kill one [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by JTeLarkin08; 09-13-2018, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Your aweful brave posting your email phone and address on here. But that's a great problem to have.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Fixed for JT haha
                Last edited by westtexducks; 09-13-2018, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                  Your aweful brave posting your email phone and address on here. But that's a great problem to have.

Well I’m quote me and I fixed it ha

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                    Well I’m quote me and I fixed it ha

Done haha. Never know what you might have got with this rowdy bunch.

Comment

Ha. I hope I have to worry.

Hitting the rode in an hour. It's on. Meeting Bullydog in Decatur around noon.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Ha. I hope I have to worry.

Hitting the rode in an hour. It's on. Meeting Bullydog in Decatur around noon.
                        Good luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                          That's awesome. Congrats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

To quote my wife, "you are bringing Too many outfits"
                            Last edited by Chew; 09-14-2018, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Good luck Chew. I leave Tuesday!

Comment

Well I got back Wednesday morning, our group managed a nice 6x6, another buddy could have shot a calf but was waiting to see it the cow would come back. in 10days we might have heard 5 bugles. it was very slow, and when we finally started to find some elk, ranchers moved cows up the mountain and we could not find them again. my uncle and buddy had a beautiful cinnamon bear walk in on them, and my uncle and me walked up on a sow and cub, which never knew we was there until we tried to start going around them. I figured put in about 70-80 miles hiking in the 10days there. But had a blast.

Comment

Working...
                                X