The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
    I bet it really fires off when the moon gets close to full next week.

Yeah but then they are active all night and quiet during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
      Yeah but then they are active all night and quiet during the day.
      I know that, I'm just saying I bet that is when it will fire off.

Comment

We were on them pretty good Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning. They were talking up high in 521 but we couldn’t seal the deal. One was a little call shy and rounded up his couple cows once we got to 83 yards and left and the next morning one busted us coming in silent at 70 yards. Haven’t seen any fresh sign since. They seemed to talk until you got almost close enough and then they would move on. Never did get busted by the wind. Trying to figure out our next move for the next day and a half since we’ve been striking out for the last 48 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
          I bet it really fires off when the moon gets close to full next week.
          We shall see. The weather looks like it will be pretty decent while we are hunting. High 70s to mid 40s. I should have service at camp and will try and do a live hunt for anyone that is interested. Will be hunting private land somewhere near Mount Taylor (1st time to hunt here). 20,000 acres. Should be some pretty country if nothing else.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
              You didnt post the article
              Well, duh.
              Here it is :https://www.wyofile.com/elk-populati...unting-season/

Another note my friend by Steamboat just called and the Silver Creek fire blew up yesterday and roads are closing today.
              Hot and windy, careful guys.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                Well, duh.
                Here it is :https://www.wyofile.com/elk-populati...unting-season/

Another note my friend by Steamboat just called and the Silver Creek fire blew up yesterday and roads are closing today.
                Hot and windy, careful guys.
                What unit is that fire in? That creek is in the unit I leave for tomorrow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

I just saw where its south of me. I will need to monitor road closures as I get closer

Comment

Packed up and ready to leave after work tomorrow. At 27 lbs without water and will carry my bow in my hand.

Comment

Waiting till Friday at quitting time. Will b flying solo to a Colorado draw unit. Have either sex tag and looking to get my first elk. Been a few times and haven't been able to connect. To be honest not going to b real picky.

Comment

Good luck on your hunts guys

Comment

Tag soup for us but learned a ton. Among 3 of us we sighted 5 elk, moose, some trophy mule deer and had a blast. This is on the way home about 30 minutes south of Salida.

Comment

Friend got there at noon today and sent me a picture of blood on the ground at 5:00. Haven’t heard anything else so he’s either tracking or cutting one up.

Comment

On the road right now to Colorado to chase some bulls! We’ll hit our unit mid day tomorrow and the hunt will be on first thing Saturday morning for 7 days. Hopefully I’ll have some pictures and stories to share!

Comment

On the road in the AM. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X