No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys. For those of you new to hunting out west and elk hunting. There is def nothing wrong with with reaching out for help. But I will tell you this is NOT how you go about it. This will get you zero info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
      Ok guys. For those of you new to hunting out west and elk hunting. There is def nothing wrong with with reaching out for help. But I will tell you this is NOT how you go about it. This will get you zero info.

O my that’s funny ..

Comment

Originally posted by Kokanee View Post
        Which side of the Lizard Head Wilderness were you interested in? Unit 71 or 70? I only have experience in 70, and can say it has gotten very quiet there the past 4 or 5 years as far as elk. Increased pressure I think has played somewhat into the mix.
        I was looking more south of the mountains in 71, but have kinda heard the same about that area.

Comment

The Elk Thread

If you haven't watched the guys from Born and Raised Outdoors doing their Land of the Free 50 days and 5 state elk hunt you need to. Its on YouTube It's a bunch of guys like us hunting their butt off for elk. All public land OTC. They give good gear tips and hunting tips without sounding like a commercial. I had to laugh at one episode where they huffed and puffed up a mountain in Colorado and one guy turns to the camera and says 9000 ft in Colorado sure isn't like 9000 ft in Idaho [emoji4] The series will get you pumped for elk season. Great to watch on a treadmill while your training !

Comment

Lol that was me jt, sorry I figured you would get the joke

Comment

LOL

Although I am looking for a cheap 2-day outfitter lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                LOL

Although I am looking for a cheap 2-day outfitter lol...
                lol that's really what I was curious about and then thought it would be funny to ask the unit/coordinates. I should have added a smiley I guess

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
                  If you haven't watched the guys from Born and Raised Outdoors doing their Land of the Free 50 days and 5 state elk hunt you need to. Its on YouTube It's a bunch of guys like us hunting their butt off for elk. All public land OTC. They give good gear tips and hunting tips without sounding like a commercial. I had to laugh at one episode where they huffed and puffed up a mountain in Colorado and one guy turns to the camera and says 9000 ft in Colorado sure isn't like 9000 ft in Idaho [emoji4] The series will get you pumped for elk season. Great to watch on a treadmill while your training !
                  Great series. Best part is when they track a bull over a mile. Most people would've given up.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH44 View Post
                    Lol that was me jt, sorry I figured you would get the joke

Lol The smiley would have helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Kokanee View Post
                      Which side of the Lizard Head Wilderness were you interested in? Unit 71 or 70? I only have experience in 70, and can say it has gotten very quiet there the past 4 or 5 years as far as elk. Increased pressure I think has played somewhat into the mix.
                      Ya.. Lizard Head has gotten smashed ever since that Eastman's article

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post

Lol ya Idaho has some step country but as a whole it isn’t as high as CO.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                          Drew my WY tag!!! Time to scheme now.
                          Originally posted by LWC View Post
                          Same here. Lots of planning to do
                          What part of WY will ya'll be in. I'll be in Moran from Sept 22 - Sept 29 chasing the elk!

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                            Lol ya Idaho has some step country but as a whole it isn’t as high as CO.
                            Just 100x thicker than Colorado.

Comment

I'm going to mentor a couple of young people this season. I have been gambling on pure trophy units these past several years. This upcoming NM draw I'm going to go for better odds in hopes of getting tags.

Comment

I put in for my points in Colorado today. Not applying for any tags next year

Comment

Working...
                                X