The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
    I have not posted anything in a while about my elk hunt but, the last minute my plans have changed. I had the opportunity to get my son a tag and we will be hunting together. So i am leaving in the morning headed to NM and we will be hunting 16a and I will be picking up Josh at ABQ Wednesday night, He is in college and can not miss to many classes. We will be hunting with ranch only tags. I know some of you think private land tags are great but in this unit you want unit wide tags. It will be a DYI hunt and we should have a great time! I will post pic if we get lucky.
    Outstanding!!! That's a good dad. My ol man always forgot my tag but he sure always had an extra frame pack!! Lol

Ya the ranch only tags are hard, Great until elk aren't there and are a ridge over!

Look forwarded to the doubled up photos!!!

Comment

Finally got sighted in. Might have found a bullet the TC encore likes. I like making .5" holes

100 yrds peep sight. Two on the right are the first two 100yd shots before adjustment
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tbeak; 09-04-2017, 07:17 PM.

Comment

I have not posted anything in a while about my elk hunt but, the last minute my plans have changed. I had the opportunity to get my son a tag and we will be hunting together. So i am leaving in the morning headed to NM and we will be hunting 16a and I will be picking up Josh at ABQ Wednesday night, He is in college and can not miss to many classes. We will be hunting with ranch only tags. I know some of you think private land tags are great but in this unit you want unit wide tags. It will be a DYI hunt and we should have a great time! I will post pic if we get lucky.
        What time you picking your son up in Albuquerque?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
          What time you picking your son up in Albuquerque?
          11 pm. I plan on driving back to make the hunt the next morning. Its going to be a long day!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

11 pm. I plan on driving back to make the hunt the next morning. Its going to be a long day!

That's gonna be a marathon. Be careful on the road.

Comment

Good luck! I cant think of a better time than spending a week chasing elk with my father in the Gila. Knowing yall's track record, I am sure you will find a way to make it work, even with a ranch only taq.

Comment

******* on here got it done today !

Comment

Coonazz Tony laid one down !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! Congrats coon!!!!!

Comment

Nice Congrats! Today was my first day in the woods! Saw several bulls all under 300. Few bugling and there not very responsive on calls. Some bulls are in Batchelor groups and a few bulls were with there herd. 1 bull in the freezer from another hunter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats again Tony! So happy for you buddy!

Comment

Y'all are killin' me. 4 more days and I'm out there. It can't get here soon enough. Hopefully that is late enough they are bugling and answering well, because I am a rookie at this. First Elk season ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

22 more hours for me and I'll be headed up to Colorado. Any words on how unit 86 is doin? Are the bulls talking?

Comment

Going to be pretty warm down south. Very hazy and smokey right now. I leave in 1 week for 55

Comment

4 days till I leave!!!! Man I'm excited

Comment

Working...
                                X