Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to OTC Colorado this year. Not too happy with the season dates, that last week in September is critical timing for the rut. Hate to see it shortened up.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
      I need to go back and delete any and all evidence of what unit I'm hunting. Because if I kill a good one people will be applying lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Those are decent bulls. Hopefully your guide can get you on a good one this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
        Those are decent bulls. Hopefully your guide can get you on a good one this fall.

No guide. Solo diy[emoji1303]

Comment

I just joined the thread! there is a lot of good information and like what everyone has had to say, I'm going to go back and try and read from the beginning. Wonder how long it takes to read 85 pages!

Comment

Originally posted by tlaw19 View Post
            I just joined the thread! there is a lot of good information and like what everyone has had to say, I'm going to go back and try and read from the beginning. Wonder how long it takes to read 85 pages!
            It takes a long time and takes either an angry or very understanding wife! I just got caught up and in for the rest of the story...

I've been collecting points in CO, and went CO OTC for this first time last year. Getting in the points game in a couple of other states this year so developing a long term plan for elk and deer. Lots of good info here that I wish I would have read last year!
            Last edited by Hockley; 05-02-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

I am so happy this thread is still alive. The whole reason I switched to a 465 grain arrow and a fixed head is because I am hoping this will be my elk rig one day.

Comment

Anyone that hunts CO OTC every use a hammock? I have a warbird blackbird and it is light even including the top tarp. And should be more comfortable than laying on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
                  Anyone that hunts CO OTC every use a hammock? I have a warbird blackbird and it is light even including the top tarp. And should be more comfortable than laying on the ground.

I like to call those a bear piñata

Comment

Man I sure wish elk season would hurry up and get here.

Comment

Same here. This time of year sure seems to drag. Guess I should probably focus on getting in better shape. Fall will be here before we know it.

Comment

Yes and no... I need two more months of training.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                          Yes and no... I need two more months of training.

That's no lie. I've been training pretty hard. But I need to get my diet lined out. I eat horrible

Comment

Error
                            Last edited by AZ&F'sDaddy; 05-09-2017, 09:54 AM.

Comment

That's no lie. I've been training pretty hard. But I need to get my diet lined out. I eat horrible

And some new toys

Comment

I'm going to have my kneevworked on this fall and be ready for next year. I've put it off so long I hope they don't have to do a full replacement. But I've been trying to work on the cardio and the pain is too intense. Not to mention it's impossible to climb with any weight and get that knee to push. I'm going to just do a drop camp with an outfitter. I think if I get through that okay the next season I'll be open to something more.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X